Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone going to Fully Charged Live?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
I wondered if any of you were planning on going to Fully Charged Live at Silverstone this weekend? As it starts today and runs until Sunday I suppose you might already be there! I’m going with some friends on Sunday.

Reactions: vitesse
I went last year, but I think it's a bit over-priced for what is effectively a sales pitch! Pretty good opportunity though for anyone new to electric vehicles looking to get their head around the market.
It's free in return for the taxi volunteering and apparently good fun, plus this will be my first time. I hear the event is twice as large as last year. There is another Tesla-oriented show on at the moment; the National Funeral Exhibition at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. I kid you not. EV hearses are in, from Nissan Leafs to, wait for it, Tesla Model S conversions; £90,000 plus the donor car.

It's free in return for the taxi volunteering and apparently good fun, plus this will be my first time. I hear the event is twice as large as last year. There is another Tesla-oriented show on at the moment; the National Funeral Exhibition at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. I kid you not. EV hearses are in, from Nissan Leafs to, wait for it, Tesla Model S conversions; £90,000 plus the donor car.

Really?....I am going to Stoneleigh Park for a lodge home show exhibition this weekend and might get to Silerstone as I live close, work permitting...

Spotted the Model 3 (it's the one you can't see due to the crowds)

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_112635.jpg
    IMG_20190608_112635.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Roy W.
I was actually there yesterday. It's a lot bigger than last year with a dedicated presentation area and more exhibitors. I was told they are expecting 11,000 people over the three days. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong day to go as the weather was terrible being both cold and very wet. If you went last year you won't find too much that was new, though the Astons were interesting as was the DeLorean conversation. As they've split the tallks away from the exibitors though, so you do get more chance to speak to them. The talks I went to were pretty interesting, especially the discussions about concept cars and self driving cars.

I did also get to drive a Nissan Leaf around the Stow circuit, though probably should have picked a BMW i3 as would have been more fun. The main reason for trying the Leaf was I’d never driven one before nut have driven and i3, so went out in the new bigger battery version which is in the same price range as the SR+. It’s a nice enough car but I wouldn’t cancel a model 3 order for one.

The model 3 they had on the Tesla stand was blue with a white interior. It wasn’t the performance (not red brake callipers) but don’t know the exact model (boot was up) and didn’t go inside to check the spec as have seen model 3s before. As you’d expect it was left hand drive. I did chat to one of the Tesla guys and he knew pretty much the same as we do with the first batch of right hand drive cars are on their way.

Finally, I also model 3 related, I had a chat to one of the people at LV about when they’ll be able to quote for the model 3. He said that they were waiting for Tesla to supply information such as cost of parts for repairs, but hadn’t they hadn’t received the information yet. He said that wasn’t unusual for Tesla as they did the same for S and X, but expected they’d be able to quote by the time the first right hand drive cars appear.