Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking and charging in Brighton?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any locals have advice on good parking/charging locations in Brighton? I've got the dubious pleasure of taking my eldest and her mate to see some Minecraft streamer do a live show at the Brighton Centre on Sunday. I don't need to charge, but might save some kerfuffle on the way home if I can get some juice for not-much-more than my home rate of 35p/kWh.

I seem to remember parking in Brighton is an absolute nightmare. I think the only thing going in my favour is that we don't need to be there until Sunday afternoon/early evening.

Any hints muchly appreciated! I've had a look at Zap Map, but it's kinda hard to tell how good/busy various car parks will be.

Not a local, but used the Lanes Car Park immediately next to the Pier last time I went. They had a few (free) chargers there. I don't particularly recommend it but it worked..
If you are VERY lucky, there are two surface charging spots near there, in front of the Leonardo hotel, the free parking will probably make up for the charge price.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK
Brighton parking is nightmarishly expensive let alone trying to find some with EV charging. Try the JustPark app and filter for EV charging. Otherwise try topping up at Gridserve at the Pease Pottage services or the bp pulse on way there or back if you are travelling via the M23. Won’t be the 35p rate though!

Might not be the right scenario for you, but I have parked at Brighton Marina a few times and either walked into town or caught the Volks Railway.

Probably best done if not in a hurry though. Can’t remember how far it is to walk (mile and a bit maybe) or how much to park, but it’s going to be cheaper than the main suspects in Brighton town centre and the walk can be broken up with a round of crazy golf! I’ve also cycled that area a few times and remember seeing people using what looked like iirc green coloured hire bikes too.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK
can’t help with EV charging but we normally try and park down one of the avenues leading to the seafront. If you’re coming down the A23 you don’t go straight on, you go right up the hill as though you’re heading to worthing, but pull off onto Dykes road into brighton. Then turn right at some point so you’re heading to the seafront. Ideally between hove and brighton - there are several big avenues with houses either side and four rows of parking - one either side on pavement and two in the middle acting as central reservation. There is normally a spot here if your’e arriving early (or possibly arriving later as people head home). You can go down, do a U-turn back up if needed and try the next one - if all else fails you can go along the seafront where there are a few options heading towards the pier, with the final fallback being churchill square which often has queues but perhaps not last afternoon early evening

Do any locals have advice on good parking/charging locations in Brighton? I've got the dubious pleasure of taking my eldest and her mate to see some Minecraft streamer do a live show at the Brighton Centre on Sunday. I don't need to charge, but might save some kerfuffle on the way home if I can get some juice for not-much-more than my home rate of 35p/kWh.

I seem to remember parking in Brighton is an absolute nightmare. I think the only thing going in my favour is that we don't need to be there until Sunday afternoon/early evening.

Any hints muchly appreciated! I've had a look at Zap Map, but it's kinda hard to tell how good/busy various car parks will be.
Expect a lot of sweaty tired cyclists on Sunday as it's the Annual London - Brighton Bike Ride 🥵
London - Brighton

Expect a lot of sweaty tired cyclists on Sunday as it's the Annual London - Brighton Bike Ride 🥵
London - Brighton
I used to live on their route in s London..getting the car out of the drive to go to work was a nightmare. A non stop stream that eventually you just had to ease into slowly and watch them wobble round you. Defo avoid any routes to Brighton they may be on

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
1686927157639.png

Cripes, how many times a year do they do this?

I once did 50 miles in a day on my Brompton, but it was absolutely flat. Those hills on the way into Brighton can chip right off.