Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got issues after 2023.32.1 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already did that. Just want to check if someone came across these issues on forums. If this is the case I believe I need to opt for extended warranty as a software update can break this phone sorry my bad car 🤣
Don't go there. A software update did not break your car. If it wasn't sheer coincidence, then the only thing that an update may have done is to add new reporting on something that was already not working correctly.

It wasn't an update that broke it!

Don't go there. A software update did not break your car. If it wasn't sheer coincidence, then the only thing that an update may have done is to add new reporting on something that was already not working correctly.

It wasn't an update that broke it!

To be fair though, a software update *could* break the car. It can also cause an existing symptomless issue to become a bigger problem. That happened to me.

In my case, when Tesla enabled the in-cabin camera, it caused my GPS to become inaccurate due to poor shielding in the wiring harness. The wiring issue was already there, but it posed zero problems until the camera was enabled (which happened via an update).

To be fair though, a software update *could* break the car. It can also cause an existing symptomless issue to become a bigger problem. That happened to me.

In my case, when Tesla enabled the in-cabin camera, it caused my GPS to become inaccurate due to poor shielding in the wiring harness. The wiring issue was already there, but it posed zero problems until the camera was enabled (which happened via an update).

Can you give us some real-life examples and not hypothetical?

And I'm assuming that you are referring to a software issue that may break something, but wouldn't that break it on a large number of cars? And since this is the only report that I've hear about, I stand by my statement. I'm pretty sure that an update that brakes something would set the forum on fire, and Internet, as well as hit the Nightly News.

So, no need to insert FUD.

I have never seen this alert before the update. I see this as an active alert in the service menu enabled by tapping on Model Y and enabling it.

AVCFRONT_a557_TLVBMS_ConfigFromBmbModIdFailed.
Looks like some mismatch of the firmware.

Manually checked my seat, steering and mirror adjustments to the limits and everything is working as it should however the seat calibration is not working and it says error please try again later.

Performed soft reset with 2 scroll wheels and also tries power off from screen. Nothing worked.

Don't know if I keep this car or flip it for something else

Can you give us some real-life examples and not hypothetical?

That was not hypothetical, it was my real-life first-hand experience example. Multiple people have posted about this same issue on these forums.

Some of the wiring harnesses that connect to the in-cabin camera were of insufficient shielding to prevent EMI from interfering with other devices within the rear-view mirror housing... namely the GPS. No one knew it was a problem though because those cameras weren't in use at all (they weren't even being powered).

So the moment I installed the update that enabled the in-cabin cameras, my GPS location in navigation became intermittently inaccurate, which caused incorrect spoken directions from the nav. They finally figured it out after 3 service visits... each of which required 3 hours round-trip driving and several hours of waiting.

We've also experienced trunks that won't close, charge ports that open on their own, major A/C buzzing like a trumpet, security alarms going off for no reason, and various other minor issues that were caused and subsequently fixed via software updates.

That was not hypothetical, it was my real-life first-hand experience example. Multiple people have posted about this same issue on these forums.

Some of the wiring harnesses that connect to the in-cabin camera were of insufficient shielding to prevent EMI from interfering with other devices within the rear-view mirror housing... namely the GPS. No one knew it was a problem though because those cameras weren't in use at all (they weren't even being powered).

So the moment I installed the update that enabled the in-cabin cameras, my GPS location in navigation became intermittently inaccurate, which caused incorrect spoken directions from the nav. They finally figured it out after 3 service visits... each of which required 3 hours round-trip driving and several hours of waiting.

We've also experienced trunks that won't close, charge ports that open on their own, major A/C buzzing like a trumpet, security alarms going off for no reason, and various other minor issues that were caused and subsequently fixed via software updates.

Again, nothing got broken. And to the point, nothing required any warranty coverage.

Interesting perspective. I spent 28 hours across 4 days at a service center to fix what was "not broken".
Did the update break something? No, it uncovered something. It had always been there. And at this point, there is probably very little that hasn't been enabled on the cars.

But if it is a widespread issue, I'm sure that Tesla is going to take care of it, and even if they don't the NTSB will step in and make them.

Again, back to the OP point, it won't take a third-party insurance policy to fix.

What did they do to fix it?

What did they do to fix it?

The first time, they replaced the GPS antenna, even though I pointed them to a few forums posts from other owners where it turned out to be the camera.

The second time, they replaced the camera. No dice.

The third time, they replaced the wiring harness in the rear-view mirror housing.

I don't mind that it took 3 tries, and appreciate the service center for their perseverance in repairing it... but the service center is too far away to drop the car off, and they only gave me a loaner for one of my visits (which doubles the driving).

It can be majorly time-consuming not living near a service center. I really wish they would scale service as fast as production. It's silly that I live next to a city with about a million people in it, yet have to drive 1.5 hours to another city for service.

@ewoodrick - I understand what you're saying... "The software update didn't break anything", but that's from a hardware perspective... "The software update didn't break any hardware".

I disagree with that viewpoint because the software update *still broke something that was previously functioning*, even if it was then repaired by a subsequent software update.

Additionally, there *are* cases where a software update can break hardware. For instance - the amount of current sent to the automatic trunk has damaged some trunk struts, and that damage was caused by a software update.

Without tones, it can be easy to read some of your posts as an attack. I'm sure you're very reasonable and certainly don't want to bicker with you. With as many posts as you have over 5 years, you're definitely a knowledgeable resource.

Reactions: zoomer0056
The first time, they replaced the GPS antenna, even though I pointed them to a few forums posts from other owners where it turned out to be the camera.

The second time, they replaced the camera. No dice.

The third time, they replaced the wiring harness in the rear-view mirror housing.

I don't mind that it took 3 tries, and appreciate the service center for their perseverance in repairing it... but the service center is too far away to drop the car off, and they only gave me a loaner for one of my visits (which doubles the driving).

It can be majorly time-consuming not living near a service center. I really wish they would scale service as fast as production. It's silly that I live next to a city with about a million people in it, yet have to drive 1.5 hours to another city for service.

@ewoodrick - I understand what you're saying... "The software update didn't break anything", but that's from a hardware perspective... "The software update didn't break any hardware".

I disagree with that viewpoint because the software update *still broke something that was previously functioning*, even if it was then repaired by a subsequent software update.

Additionally, there *are* cases where a software update can break hardware. For instance - the amount of current sent to the automatic trunk has damaged some trunk struts, and that damage was caused by a software update.

Without tones, it can be easy to read some of your posts as an attack. I'm sure you're very reasonable and certainly don't want to bicker with you. With as many posts as you have over 5 years, you're definitely a knowledgeable resource.

So you believe that the OP's statement is valid?

"I already did that. Just want to check if someone came across these issues on forums. If this is the case I believe I need to opt for extended warranty as a software update can break this phone sorry my bad car "

An extended warranty (aka insurance policy) would be needed?

I’m getting this same message on a 3 week old Model Y 7 seater from Fremont, after updating to 2023.32.4 last night. I pinged Tesla service after creating a ticket, and they said if it isn’t an alert in normal mode, don’t worry about it (right…). Hoping it is a software issue that can be fixed soon, and not a HV defect that warrants replacement of the battery.

I had a rear sensor occupancy fault alert in service mode in 2023.26.100 (factory firmware; see my profile for posts) that persists in .32.4, but I link it to a buggy service mode that doesn’t have the 7 seater programmed right (it functions fine). I looked up service manuals and the circuit diagrams indicate that Fremont Y’s were recently revised 5/2023, so maybe these service mode programmers haven’t made needed updates to accommodate.

Keep me updated.