Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got pics of the hatchback open?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the S, X, or 3, do you have to take your phone out and open the app to open the trunk? Seems like a pain if carrying stuff. Even my 2011 jeep automatically unlocks when I walk up to the trunk and hit the button on the trunk.
You can walk up to the trunk and hit the button in any of the S3X cars. In SX, the standard key fob has a button for trunk to auto open and close. You can also use your phone. In 3, the standard way to to either hit the button on the trunk and open it manually, or open you phone and hit pop trunk then open it manually. Tesla sells a key fob for the model 3 to make it behave like S and X, but the trunk doesn't open automatically (unless you want to mod it with aftermarket products). Model Y will have power lift gate, but may come without key fob like model 3. Personally, I'm going to buy and app that will let me use Siri to tell car to pop trunk form my watch.

View attachment 513985

Found this photo of the Lift Gate open! Looks extremely spacious and great for road trips.

Cool—thanks for photo!

Now if only Tesla would make a real SUV—one tgat is actually a Sports Utility Vehicle suitable for transporting things like 8 foot windsurf boards, or sheets of plywood.

Would be so nice if failing that, the Cybertruck would have the option of a full passthru into the passenger compartment with fold down rear seats and an available fir purchase hard shell cover so all could be water tight and secure. Like a real SUV.

Love our Model3 LR AWD. So sad we can’t replace our Pacifica’s brilliantly designed utility of space with something Tesla!

If you need something wider go with the Model X. Mine is massive in rear. With the rear seat of our 5-seater folded down you can easy put a 6 foot bookcase in the back. And with the under the rear deck storage well, you can hold 5 bags of groceries in addition to the bookcase.

Nice! But will it take and 8 foot long windsurf boards or surfboards stacked in a rack, of a 4x8 sheet of plywood?

Cool—thanks for photo!

Now if only Tesla would make a real SUV—one tgat is actually a Sports Utility Vehicle suitable for transporting things like 8 foot windsurf boards, or sheets of plywood.

Would be so nice if failing that, the Cybertruck would have the option of a full passthru into the passenger compartment with fold down rear seats and an available fir purchase hard shell cover so all could be water tight and secure. Like a real SUV.

Love our Model3 LR AWD. So sad we can’t replace our Pacifica’s brilliantly designed utility of space with something Tesla!

there has been speculation that there will be a way to access the vault in the CT from the cab