Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got Ryzen on their UK (Shanghai) M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my model 3 in mid December. And was happy when I got my delivery date yesterday, picking it up mid-February with the appointment scheduled etc.

BUT, I'm a little nervous about whether this will have the ryzen CPU or not. Firstly because of the speed with which my order was fulfilled which could indicate that this car was simply a rejected one from someone elses order. Though I suppose given as it seemed a LOT of people suddenly got updates yesterday even in australia, it could indicate that actually it's simply a case of happening to catch a batch of cars from the shanghai factory (which also supplies australia) arriving at the right time.

But secondly, because it seems that in the US at least, the cars are still intel and will be for a few months.
I know shanghai often gets new features first, but wanted to ask:

Has anyone taken delivery of a model 3 (long range specifically if that makes a difference) in the UK in the last couple weeks and if so, did it have intel or ryzen?

Thanks!

They are both x64 chips, so I fully expect almost everything apart from a few OS drivers to be identical in the software anyway.

It's incredibly common with PC's to be running different speeds of processor and all are equally well supported with little issue. I can't see it being any different with the car.

Any difference will be performance of intensive tasks, like playing games and page load times. Non intensive tasks will be almost indistinguishable.

If the software is well designed and optimised, the original Intel atom could still be considered over specified for an infotainment system.

can you run something like geekbench on the browser?
There are browser benchmarking tools, which if the run properly would give an indication of the performance differences between the two systems. I’d expect there to be quite a difference to justify what seems like an extremely inefficient setup for a vehicle - so bad they had to reduce the WLTP range many countries.