Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone had to cancel collection after paying full amount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am due to pick up my M3 on Monday but am starting to feel unwell and not sure if I should or even will be able to travel.

Has anyone had to postpone a collection after making the full payment? Any chance of switching to a delivery?

Sorry to hear that, hope it’s not the illness. My delivery is in 2 weeks and I’m dreading this exact scenario.

Can’t offer any specific help, though you could try calling Tesla and see if they can delay collection by a week or so (though that probably won’t be enough). With no more cars coming until Q2 I would think you’d need to get a refund if your car gets allocated to someone else.

I am due to pick up my M3 on Monday but am starting to feel unwell and not sure if I should or even will be able to travel.

Has anyone had to postpone a collection after making the full payment? Any chance of switching to a delivery?

Also, given the current climate, it may be worth asking Tesla if they’d waive the normal in person pickup rules and allow you to send a proxy?

I doubt they’ll deliver. We were told they would at a test drive but it turned out to be lease cars only.
They will allow you to send a proxy. We could have sent a recovery vehicle. Cost was about £350 for a 200 mile round trip

Well, if you’ve paid in full, which folk who are paying cash are having to do anyway, then you pretty much have to accept what turns up anyway whether you collect or it’s delivered.

OP would have 7 days to reject, though if he’s bedridden he might not have the opportunity.