Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having problem with seat tears?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ModelXBoy

No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!
Jan 3, 2016
Orange County, CA
I have a slight tear on the passenger rear seat and i have no idea how that happened?! It's a tiny tear near one of the perforated holes under the head rest. If i can think of something, it's from putting a computer and the cardboard box edge might be sharp enough to scratch it open, but it's very common to put boxes on the back seat, so i am not too sure.

Anyone else having tearing issues on the Model X seats?

Thanks.

If it's at the seam, the perforations have a tendency to stretch. I haven't noticed them actually tearing, but they look different than the others. This might be what you're experiencing. I have noticed no change in 3 months and 6000 miles on how those look.

Yes, I had a small tear on the second row passenger side. White seats. Vin 15xx. Service replaced the entire seat.

I have a slight tear on the passenger rear seat and i have no idea how that happened?! It's a tiny tear near one of the perforated holes under the head rest. If i can think of something, it's from putting a computer and the cardboard box edge might be sharp enough to scratch it open, but it's very common to put boxes on the back seat, so i am not too sure.

Anyone else having tearing issues on the Model X seats?

Thanks.

Reactions: Reekdog
I had asked Elon and he had replied that the seats will have stronger backing material, existing seats will be fixed free of cost. This was few months back so I am assuming your X already has the stiffer backing material. Regardless, worth talking to Tesla.
@ohmman : I have those reddish tinged stains on seatbelt plastic brackets in the seat upper part. I was trying to describe it to a TMC friend, after struggling a bit as soon as the phrase "ohmmans's seat stains" was uttered, it was all clear what was being described LOL. I see those on almost all seats including leather just beneath the plastic trim. Tesla noted those themselves without me pointing out all of them and may do something about it.

Here is the pic of the tiny tear on the passenger rear seat. very tiny but if you look for it, you see it.

Attachments

• IMG_8420.JPG
    IMG_8420.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 198
Clearly that is caused by something rubbing on it.

Originally i was thinking it's from the computer box that might have poked it. But i looked at the box, it's not high enough to reach this area, plus the box was not lay against the seat, it's inserted between the rear seat and gloss front passenger seat, right in the middle. I don't know. It does not really bother me since it's such minor damage, it's just a message to others that even with protection of the coating, the seat is still much easier to tear. There is only one person ever sit in the back which last only 3 days. Full T-shirt throughout. I don't know how can the seat tear so easily unless it's from the factory that i did not find out during delivery.

Reactions: srini