Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here lowered with H&R Springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Would you say its an overall 2" drop after its settled in or? I am wanting a set of these but stuck between HR and Eibach.
Here's specs on both for Model Y LR:

H&R Lowering Specifications
Approx Front Lowering: 1.7"
Approx Rear Lowering: 1.4"

Eiabch Lowering Specifications
Approx Front Lowering: 1.10"
Approx Rear Lowering: 1.50"

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
Here's specs on both for Model Y LR:

H&R Lowering Specifications
Approx Front Lowering: 1.7"
Approx Rear Lowering: 1.4"

Eiabch Lowering Specifications
Approx Front Lowering: 1.10"
Approx Rear Lowering: 1.50"
Thanks Tom.

I found this photo on one of the threads from this website and the caption read:

"One shop sent me these pics of the H&R..."

Is this your work? If not, do you have any photos of the AWD MY with H&Rs on 21" Uberturbines?

I want to see exactly how mine would look with same set up.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    717.5 KB · Views: 189
Thanks Tom.

I found this photo on one of the threads from this website and the caption read:

"One shop sent me these pics of the H&R..."

Is this your work? If not, do you have any photos of the AWD MY with H&Rs on 21" Uberturbines?

I want to see exactly how mine would look with same set up.

Thanks.
That's a bit low for springs, most likely sitting on coilovers.

I don't have any pics with your specific setup, but here's Eibach springs on a MYP with 21" UberTurbines, the H&Rs will sit slightly lower than this:

52357486687_5c832c0dd7_b.jpg

52357486802_f3fa812ddf_b.jpg

Last edited:
That's a bit low for springs, most likely sitting on coilovers.

I don't have any pics with your specific setup, but here's Eibach springs on a MYP with 21" UberTurbines, the H&Rs will sit slightly lower than this:

52357486687_5c832c0dd7_b.jpg

52357486802_f3fa812ddf_b.jpg
Thanks Tom.

I’ve searched high and low all over this forum and can’t find what I am looking for maybe you have done this set up before:

MY AWD SR with 275/40 on 21x10.5 square Uberturbine dropped on H&R’s.

Do you think these tires would rub on the front with this setup?

I know some guys have ran 265/40 on 21x9.5 basic front with no issues, but that’s on MYP not same drop as H&R’s.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom.

I’ve searched high and low all over this forum and can’t find what I am looking for maybe you have done this set up before:

MY AWD SR with 275/40 on 21x10.5 square Uberturbine dropped on H&R’s.

Do you think these tires would rub on the front with this setup?

I know some guys have ran 265/40 on 21x9.5 basic front with no issues, but that’s on MYP not same drop as H&R’s.

Thanks.
I run 275/40-20 on on 20x10 Titan7 TD6 with Ohlins coilvoers on my daily just fine.

52754145079_7a40693feb_b.jpg

courtesy of EAS

SHared from another post.

Hey guys, could only find information for Eibach Springs, but it appears they give a reverse rake. I’m hoping there’s someone who has installed H&R’s before and would be willing to share their experience.

According to the website, the drop is a bit lower than what Eibach has for the front which would definitely get rid of the reverse rake, while maintaining the same rear drop.

Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: tom @ eas
No rubbing with 29 inch diameter tires 255/45r20

Currently have 265/45r20 blizzak on without any rubbing using 20x9 35 offset wheels

265/35/20 will rub during bigger front suspension compression due to the wheels low offset of 20x9 20 offset

IMG_0974.jpeg
IMG_0975.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg
IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg

Finally got off my butt and DIYed my H&R springs. Very straight forward.

22 MYLR7
Stock 20’s
Stock struts
H&R springs (part # 28605-1)
18mm front spacers
25mm rear spacers

Decided to break them in so we went for a road trip the next day from Vancouver Canada to Seattle Washington. 2 adults. 2 kids. Trunk full. Frunk full.

First impression. Rides way smoother and less choppy than the stock springs. My wife drove it on the I-5 and even agreed 👍🏽

No rubbing on highway dips. No bottoming out on transitions.

Steering comfort mode is a little tighter than before. Steering input has improved and is more responsive with less body roll.

Final thoughts to myself “why is everyone trippin and complaining about the ride quality” lol.

Eventually when the shocks wear out I’ll swap them out and upgrade later and DIY it again.

Finally got off my butt and DIYed my H&R springs. Very straight forward.

22 MYLR7
Stock 20’s
Stock struts
H&R springs (part # 28605-1)
18mm front spacers
25mm rear spacers

Decided to break them in so we went for a road trip the next day from Vancouver Canada to Seattle Washington. 2 adults. 2 kids. Trunk full. Frunk full.

First impression. Rides way smoother and less choppy than the stock springs. My wife drove it on the I-5 and even agreed 👍🏽

No rubbing on highway dips. No bottoming out on transitions.

Steering comfort mode is a little tighter than before. Steering input has improved and is more responsive with less body roll.

Final thoughts to myself “why is everyone trippin and complaining about the ride quality” lol.

Eventually when the shocks wear out I’ll swap them out and upgrade later and DIY it again.
How did you decide on 18 and 25 mm spacers? I'm going to try 15 and 20 mm (23 MYLR7). I tried measuring but tricky to line up exactly which part of the wheel well to measure against.