TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone here total their X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tizio, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tizio

tizio Member

I'm updating my insurance and am contemplating the Better Car Replacement offering.
    It's a trivial cost at only $9/mo but it got me wondering if it's even worth it at that price. I haven't seen any threads in the X forum or word of mouth.

2. zackmilo

zackmilo 2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

Totaled mine!! Read my thread in my signature. I would do it.

• Informative x 1
  3. MasterT

MasterT Member

Your X is not totaled, is it? You are in a fight to have it totaled, is that not so?

4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

We can ask this person when they are out of the hospital. Sorry driver got injured but at least s/he is alive.

76F57F47-D156-4DE2-A6E3-0EF30EFE5AC4-730-0000015D2840929D.jpeg

• Informative x 1
  5. veyronish

veyronish Member

My X was totaled after getting rear ended by a chevy truck on freeway.

6. zackmilo

It will be. Just fighting. My agent also wants it totaled

7. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Most everyone has. :p

Or at least all the cool people.

• Funny x 1
  8. zackmilo

What did you get next. Assume a Model X. Hope everything is well.

9. tizio

tizio Member

Wow, both of you had really similar looking damage. I had assumed that a high speed rear-ending couldn't cost more than $20K.

I'll be adding the better car option for peace of mind. Seems well worth the price of a couple lattes. If I get wrecked, I'll totally get a 90D.

• Like x 1
  10. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Way, way off. Even a fender bender can run $20,000. That's about what my repair bill was for a front end fender bender. They have to repair quite a few parts. I'd definitely go for it for the extra $9/month.

• Like x 1
  11. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

Whoa! Looks like it was a wrong way head on collision. Do you have an article link? The difference in damage between the cars is shocking!!

12. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I got replacement coverage on my Model S as an afterthought when I first got it last year. The car got written off in a collision a few months ago, but wasn't sure I had gotten the coverage until I talked with my agent. It made the process of getting a replacement a bit easier because the insurance value drops significantly once you drive it off the lot. Double check things like loaner vehicle coverage because Model Xs and Model Ss take a couple of months to deliver (about 3 months from the time of the collision - mine had a fixed amount, so was used up within a month but we have a second vehicle anyway). Read the fine print and then ask questions for anything you're unsure of.

• Informative x 1
  13. veyronish

veyronish Member

I replaced it with a used X, can't imagine driving anything else. My wife came out of the accident practically unharmed. X is such a safe car.

• Like x 1
  14. veyronish

veyronish Member

My car was totaled because upper frame got damaged as well because of the impact. I saw at least one other X with similar damage at the repair shop which got totaled as well.