Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Ohio have trouble not having front plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 month owner, love the car, over 15,000 miles already. Has anyone had problems in ohio by not having the front license plate? I have passed many police cars and was once stopped for an expired sticker on the back license plate, the policeman never said anything about the front plate not being there but one of my friends is a local policeman and he tells me it must be displayed. Just wondering if anyone has an experience with this issue.

The official response I was given by a family member for the Cleveland PD was this: "If you want to give a cop one more reason to pull you over or give you a FU ticket don't have one on."

I personally don't mind having a front plate on. If you really don't want one (new style really lends to this) I would say use a system that you can remove on your cruising around days and have one the other 95% time you own the car. Like the 7 months of bad weather we sometimes get :(

I have been to Columbus 6 times in the last 6 months without a problem, my car does not have a front bracket so I can't just take it off and put it back on. I do keep the front plate under the passenger floor mat and display it in the front window (when I remember) if parking in a public spot.

I have also been to Cleveland probably 40 times for Browns and Cav's games without a problem, I was just curious if anyone was ever pulled over because of the no front plate. I understand if I break the speed limit, etc. they could add this ticket on.

Last edited: