Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in VA install or installing a large solar system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the process of going through permitting for the 16.32 kW size and tesla just sent me a notice about a distribution and transmission standby charge from Dominion Power for any system over 15 kW in size.

I'm trying to figure out what that means for me in a practical sense, but i can't make heads of tails of the T1 transmission rider document on the Dominion site:
https://www.dominionenergy.com/libr...ia/rider-t1.pdf?la=en&modified=20200301152100

anyone have any practical experience with this?

Thanks!
Tempus

How did this end up working out for you guys? I’m getting a 16.32 kW system installed in Arlington. I just got an email from Dominion asking what type of meter I would like installed. So far, neither Tesla nor Dominion have mentioned the standby charges.

I have a 16.9 kW system being installed and Tesla didn't provide me any standby paperwork from Dominion, so odd they gave it to you. I previously spoke with another solar installer and learned that the 15 kW standby charge is not DC output but AC output. We have DC that then gets converted to AC so for a solar installation to hit their 15 kW standby limit you would need around 19-20 kW