TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone install Solar in Illinois in 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by thx1139, May 12, 2016.

1. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Maybe building a new house and would really like to power with solar (mostly). Has anyone put in a Solar system in Illinois (Chicago suburbs).

I ask 2015 and 2016 because of how prices change.

Wondering about cost per Kw? Contractor? Results? Etc.

2. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

I would also do some research on the 30% tax credit. If you're replacing your existing roof to install solar, you get to lump that into the 30% credit, not sure what counts when it's a new structure. Would be interested in finding out. If it's some portion of the roof work then you could be saving yourself a chunk by doing it now rather than 2 years down the line. Good luck!

3. GBleck

GBleck Member

I think IL has a rebate and as I understand it it is funded not with state taxes? Is it still available without the state having a budget?

4. LJordan

LJordan Member

• Like x 1
  5. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Ahh you live in Bolingbrook. We used to live in Bolingbrook and live in Lemont now so I imagine the energy production would be similar.