Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone installed an OEM subwoofer into an SR/SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought an SR+, but the main thing I wanted from the LR was the premium audio. I'm thinking about installing some speakers in the grills behind the rear seats, as well as picking up an OEM subwoofer off eBay. Just curious if anyone else has done this and what your experience has been like.

I believe there are DIY's for doing this. Depending on when you bought your car you might already have 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in the back (not wired through). There are companies that can also upgrade the tesla system, starting around $1500.

I bought an SR+, but the main thing I wanted from the LR was the premium audio. I'm thinking about installing some speakers in the grills behind the rear seats, as well as picking up an OEM subwoofer off eBay. Just curious if anyone else has done this and what your experience has been like.
here is the most comprehensive thread for upgrading your sound system in your SR/SR+:
Guide: Model 3 SR+ aftermarket to enable speakers and subwoofer upgrade install - Tesla Owners Online

buried in there is the OE part # for the subwoofer direct from Tesla. it's the cheapest option if you want to purchase that (vs. ebay, etc).