Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone installed these wheel wells for noise reduction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well for me I consider all road noise low-ish frequency.

Don't get me wrong, these help reduce noise, but it's just a piece of the puzzle and it's a lot of effort for what you get out of it.

Butyl on the rear wheel wells really cut out a lot of cabin noise for me, but it's on the lower end of the spectrum. The extra door gaskets would take care of the higher end with wind noise reduction. I may just try what @MattM24 did recently and stuff backer rod (foam tubing) into the existing gaskets of his door seals, that may also further reduce air noise/provide a tighter seal.

I don't think it's possible to get luxury car level quiet in this car because of the glass roof, and at least my Fremont vehicle does not have the double-pane rear windows. That and the suspension (and I also have coilovers). And there's no active-noise cancelling tech in the car, which frankly comes with a lot of non-luxury vehicles these days.
Your idea in the other thread about silicone tubing might be easier than the backer rod as it won’t snap so easily.