Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Interested in Founders Series Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ABC2D

Dec 19, 2016
Home
Would anyone be interested in a new Founder Series Powerwall? I got notified that Tesla is ready to install my referral PW but inspection determined that installation is not possible for my location, so I got few choices:
  • Postpone redemption
  • Take $5,550 in Tesla credits
  • Gift the award
The award includes:
  • Founder Series Powerwall(s) ($6,500)
  • Energy Gateway ($1,100)
  • Installation Credit ($1,000) per install
I've read all the threads about the PW referral not being transfererrabble but my Tesla contact keeps telling me that I can transfer it:

upload_2019-8-23_13-6-24.png

The way I look at this, the value of this package is $6,500 for the PW, $1,100 for Gateway, $1,000 install credit - that's $8,600. W-9 will cost receiver $0-$1,500, so, worst case reducing to $7,100 - all other expenses and permitting cost would incur whether PW is purchased directly from Tesla or awarded via this deal. I could redeem this reward for $5,500 credits with Tesla.

So, I think $5,500 would make this deal interesting for both parties.

I'm not ignoring this thread, but just trying to figure out the logistics of this endeavour - has anyone done or knows how this transaction would be done? I mean, ultimately, from the seller point of view, it would be ideal to get the payment first and then sing off on the gift letting the new receiver and Tesla to work out the details. But, I understand that it could be pretty uncomfortable for someone to fork out $5.5K with nothing to show for it. Also, if not entire payment is received, it would be foolish for the gifter to sign off on the deal as there is no guarantee that remaining payment will be tendered while there will be no stop or reversal on the deal between Tesla and the new receiver.

So, any ideas?

I'm not ignoring this thread, but just trying to figure out the logistics of this endeavour - has anyone done or knows how this transaction would be done? I mean, ultimately, from the seller point of view, it would be ideal to get the payment first and then sing off on the gift letting the new receiver and Tesla to work out the details. But, I understand that it could be pretty uncomfortable for someone to fork out $5.5K with nothing to show for it. Also, if not entire payment is received, it would be foolish for the gifter to sign off on the deal as there is no guarantee that remaining payment will be tendered while there will be no stop or reversal on the deal between Tesla and the new receiver.

So, any ideas?
run it through pay pal as a business transaction.

I'm an attorney in California and i've handled numerous transactions regarding Telsa reservations/cars/ awards. I charge 5% of the money transaction and the money will be held in a escrow account until parties verify transfer (IE Tesla Rep).