Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone? Issue after last update [2020.8.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

snvff

Mar 16, 2020
Italy
Hello guys,
i do have a model 3 standard+.
after the last update i did few days ago [2020.8.1] i have an issue.
when i enter Dyno Test mode, as soon as i touch the throttle i do have the message Power Reduced.
this has never happened with all the previous updated.
any clues? has happened to you?
thanks
Alessio

I mean the “line” below the battery icon and gear position.

On the left side of this “line” you can see dots when regen is limited, on the right side you can see dots when power is limited, caused by cold temp or > 20% SoC.

I mean the “line” below the battery icon and gear position.

On the left side of this “line” you can see dots when regen is limited, on the right side you can see dots when power is limited, caused by cold temp or > 20% SoC.

Hi
i will check tomorrow morning, i am sure btw that is not a battery level or external temperature related issue as in normal mode (not dyno mode) the car has 100% of the power.
issue comes only as soon as i enter dyno mode

Hello guys,
i do have a model 3 standard+.
after the last update i did few days ago [2020.8.1] i have an issue.
when i enter Dyno Test mode, as soon as i touch the throttle i do have the message Power Reduced.
this has never happened with all the previous updated.
any clues? has happened to you?
thanks
Alessio

Pretty sure this is meant to happen since the last update. I read on Reddit maybe that Dyno Test was nerfed to prevent people being idiots.

beside the fact someone is going to drift it or not, i think it's stupid to reduce the power in a mode meant to be used on Dyno at full power and without controls.

It'd be pretty easy for them to only reduce the power if they detect the car is actually moving.

If it's not, because it's, say, strapped to a dyno then full power.

Otherwise it's clearly not being used as intended, and it gets nerfed.

Reactions: M109Rider