Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know the details of canceling an order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a quick search and didn’t see much, so I apologize if this is asked often. I ordered a Model 3 on Saturday and while I don’t have any immediate plans to cancel the order, I would like to know the time frame that I have to do it in, cost of cancelling, etc.
Thanks!😊

You just ignore it, more or less.

Deposit is not refundable.

But you may want to cancel so it doesn’t just end up in inventory. No reason to cancel early, if you are not 100% sure.

You can cancel immediately after you get a VIN, it’s not built at that point but will be quickly.

I did a quick search and didn’t see much, so I apologize if this is asked often. I ordered a Model 3 on Saturday and while I don’t have any immediate plans to cancel the order, I would like to know the time frame that I have to do it in, cost of cancelling, etc.
Thanks!😊

Thats cause you just cancel. There is no time frame to cancel that returns the $250 order fee, and nothing is due outside of that until you pick up the car. Basically it costs you $250 (non refundable as soon as you click "ORDER") to order the car.