Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone like the New Model 3 smell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After delivered our new M3 SR+ initally i enjoyed the smell (my wife hates it), but after a few days me and my wife start feels dizziness and having typical allergic symptoms (runny nose, eyes, etc). We have doctor prescribed Avamys, eyedrops and Reactine. Right now whenever i drives the car i will roll the windows down and hoping to get better.

Nice car to drives though, no complain so far other than the smell.

After delivered our new M3 SR+ initally i enjoyed the smell (my wife hates it), but after a few days me and my wife start feels dizziness and having typical allergic symptoms (runny nose, eyes, etc). We have doctor prescribed Avamys, eyedrops and Reactine. Right now whenever i drives the car i will roll the windows down and hoping to get better.

Yeah I had similar experience. I would get some type of headache. But after the strong smell wears down, the new smell becomes tolerable.

Normally, I don't like the new car smell as I get vertigo. I didn't like the new car smell in Model S and Model X. I always rolled down the windows for couple months so that the smell goes away. Model X smell went away after like 6 months or so.

But for some weird reason, Model 3 smell is more pleasant and I am not feeling dizzy. In fact I like it and I am not opening window to keep it last long. This is weird because the ride is smoother with Model S(good handling) and X (Smart Air Suspension). My Model 3 handling and ride feel stiffer but opposite result is perceived.

Maybe because it is the psychological effect? or maybe Tesla added different smell?

Well, at least I seem to be cured from new car smell. Thank you, Model 3!

Man, I want your problems! :D I have a very sensitive sense of smell (related to my hearing loss I think) and yeah I generally like all new car smells. I haven't smelled a new car yet that I found to be incompatible with my well being. I guess that smell is one of the things I love about a new car. :D

Glad to hear you prefer the Model 3, since that's a car I want to get as well.

You’re not alone. I am having a pretty bad allergy or sensitivity to some component. Would love to know what it is that makes Tesla smell different and why I am reacting (and haven’t to this extent with other newish cars). I know we are a small minority but it eems like there are a decent amount of owners who have had simllar issues. How can we get more info from Tesla? My theory is that it’s the vegan leather.