Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone missing a model S in Southern California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If just sold new owner possibly didnt have it in their Tesla app yet. I know when I purchased my MS it took Tesla about 3 weeks for it to appear in my app. Have to send proof of ownership (registration) and copy of drivers license. New owner probably only had temp registration thus not allowing Tesla to configure app for new owner.

upload_2021-3-2_15-42-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-2_15-41-49.png
    upload_2021-3-2_15-41-49.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 62
Does the new fob look the same as the older version and/or does it have any different functionality?

No, just as same as the old one. They need to program it to the car so there is also a hourly fee attached. I did hope it will give me a “summon” function on fob as it is in US (or is it still?) but obviously it can’t be like that here in EU...

No, just as same as the old one. They need to program it to the car so there is also a hourly fee attached. I did hope it will give me a “summon” function on fob as it is in US (or is it still?) but obviously it can’t be like that here in EU...
Ok - our fob has (AP1) summon functionality, so I guess that means it must be the updated fob? As far as I remember it’s an original 2015 FOB

I believe it’s the restrictions in EU that you can’t summon your car from a distance and as of that this function works now only if you have bluetooth connection with your phone. So the car fobs are different by the region you are at.