Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone picking up their Y at Southampton tomorrow? A favour if so…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am scheduled to pick my Model Y up tomorrow at Southampton. Unfortunately, due to the weather the trains have been cancelled so I can’t make it.

I’ve tried calling and emailing Tesla to no avail.

Would someone from the community who is collecting tomorrow please be kind enough to pass on a message to the on site delivery team?

I know it’s not going to get reassigned to someone else as it’s been HPI marked now so I just need to rearrange.

I would be infinitely grateful.

Absolutely gutted.

Can you not travel tomorrow by train instead? The worst of the storm will be over soon and I'm sure the train operators will be working 24x7 to get the trains running again tomorrow. I am travelling by train tomorrow all being well otherwise will have to drive down instead.

I'm sure if you appointment time was early they would be able to accommodate a later arrival?

Can you not travel tomorrow by train instead? The worst of the storm will be over soon and I'm sure the train operators will be working 24x7 to get the trains running again tomorrow. I am travelling by train tomorrow all being well otherwise will have to drive down instead.

I'm sure if you appointment time was early they would be able to accommodate a later arrival?
I had strongly considered it, but it’s a six hour multi-connection train ride, some operators are running service, some aren’t, and I don’t like my odds in chancing it.

Bad news - I just got a call from Tesla, my collection is cancelled as falling debris has totalled a load of brand new Model Y's. I am not joking. I am now waiting for them to VIN match me to a car with a March delivery.....

Hi all,

I am scheduled to pick my Model Y up tomorrow at Southampton. Unfortunately, due to the weather the trains have been cancelled so I can’t make it.

I’ve tried calling and emailing Tesla to no avail.

Would someone from the community who is collecting tomorrow please be kind enough to pass on a message to the on site delivery team?

I know it’s not going to get reassigned to someone else as it’s been HPI marked now so I just need to rearrange.

I would be infinitely grateful.

Absolutely gutted.
You must be gutted! Assuming my collection is still on I’m due to pick up at Southampton at 11am tomorrow. Let me know what info you want to pass on in person.

Reactions: drivingmrte5la
Bad news - I just got a call from Tesla, my collection is cancelled as falling debris has totalled a load of brand new Model Y's. I am not joking. I am now waiting for them to VIN match me to a car with a March delivery.....
Totalled totalled or will be fixed and palmed off onto unsuspecting buyers in a few weeks totalled?

I remember the Fremont days when a pre-delivery respray was considered an upgrade!

I had strongly considered it, but it’s a six hour multi-connection train ride, some operators are running service, some aren’t, and I don’t like my odds in chancing it.
Fair enough. For everything I love about Tesla and their products they really are missing the mark this week with their Model Y launch delivery events too. Inviting customers from all over the country to travel long distances is hardly environmentally friendly. If you asked everyone who has attended an event this week whether they would have simply preferred a more local quicker pickup, I bet over 70% would have said YES. They appear to still be on a mission to do whatever they want (with their own primary interests at heart) with little thought to how their customers would feel. Just because they can, doesn't mean they should......

I'm not picking up tomorrow until 3p.m. May I suggest you jump onto the Model Y UK Owners Facebook group and see if someone with an earlier pickup can help you advise Tesla.

Reactions: ukmy
Oh that’s so kind FrankieJr thanks.

I’ve managed to speak to Tesla this evening. They’ve said that they can’t shift the collection but they can shift the time so they’ve made me the last appointment for the day and I’m going to chance it on the train.

If you’re there tomorrow and you see a blue LR plate ending with a Z, think of me ;)

Bad news some have been damaged though! They said nothing like that to me.

Reactions: frankiejr
I’m pretty shocked at all this. Couple of things:

Travelling from Yorkshire to Southampton to collect a car is mental. Absolutely mental

Collection not being able to be rearranged as people can’t get there due to extreme weather is also mental. It’s a car. Ffs.

This is pretty disgraceful from Tesla. These ‘launch’ events have been a sham. There has been nothing ‘event’ about them at all. It’s been Tesla getting as many cars out to people for as little outlay as possible. Regardless. Obviously another strategy to get as many registered before the new reg plate. In the ‘normal, non Elon reality distortion field days’, dealers would stack cars up for delivery March 1st. Those taking delivery before this date would of got a favourable deal on their car. Tesla get to shift cars so close to a new reg, and inconvenience people for the privilege. Amazing.

Surely it can't be that hard to give a couple of staff some overtime to hang about for a few Sunday collections when the weather has died down a bit. 20mph winds tomorrow.

It's unfortunate the weather has impacted some of you but in a situation like this, I think the supplier should be the one bending over backwards to get it resolved, not the customer.

Update: I made it!

6A6857F4-E7E6-4DC7-BB0A-E1B61204EF64.jpeg

@Lizarbouy have you heard any more yet? I haven’t heard a peep since the initial call on Friday afternoon…
Strange one this...

I was talking to the staff and technicians about the weather and the impact it had had on the deliveries and multiple Tesla peeps told me that there wasn't a single car that was damaged. I even mentioned @Lizarbouy's comment and was fervently told that there was nothing wrong.

Maybe they just forgot to ship yours over and couldn't face that truth ;)