Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Retrofitted the Center Console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 85D - 2016 = No Center Console.

Since almost the beginning I've had a "silicon inlay", like this one:
E5C251-5.jpg

And yes, it makes the empty space better/easier to organize, and it works quite well.

But I do like a more clean look. Because if I have things in the silicone-inlay, it looks a little bit messy.

When I had my Model S in for service, the loaner was brand new = Center Console.
I did like it a lot!

So, even though It is quite pricy (aprox. 1600 USD for Teslas version, with installation here in Sweden) I'm thinking of getting this installed.
Since it's a company car it will though translate to about 1100 USD after "tax right-off"

Have anyone done it? Does it look/feel nice? Any regrets?
I have an all black interior with the Matte Wooden Finish, since everything is dark I'm a little worried that it might get even darker in the car?

I've looked at other versions, like the Evannex, but in my opinion it seems like the are more "fill" than function.

Any thoughts here would be good! :)

/Jocce

I thought I remember one of of the Norwegian Youtube video bloggers (Winter?) doing one about retrofitting the Tesla console.

While that certainly has the best integration, I find it too similar to an ICE car , loosing the open look of not having a transmission tunnel.

For me this has been the best compromise, nice and low and an integrated look.
EVamped | Tesla Aftermarket Products

Yes. Iäve had the same thought, to loose the "open look". But as well, I do like having things organized and out of the way, makes the car look cleaner.

The problem with the one you linked (and also Other's Iäve seen) is that it ONLY filles up the space, but does not give as much storage as the Tesla-original.

/Jocce

For what it's worth, I have the Evannex insert and it looks and functions great. The color match to my tan interior is perfect. For only $500 (plus shipping), simple install (it just friction fits into the existing space) and the fact that I can keep it if I ever sell the car were deciding factors for me.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
For what it's worth, I have the Evannex insert and it looks and functions great. The color match to my tan interior is perfect. For only $500 (plus shipping), simple install (it just friction fits into the existing space) and the fact that I can keep it if I ever sell the car were deciding factors for me.

For shipping to Sweden, add 100USD
+Customs-fees (unshure, but at least 10%+handling)

/Jocce

I bought the factory center console and I don't regret it.
I like how the compartments has doors so I can hide my stuff and I gained 2 cup holders for the rear passengers.
The tan colored stitching on the console matches the stitching on the doors. Your original sliding armrests will be used on your new console.

I bought the factory center console and I don't regret it.
I like how the compartments has doors so I can hide my stuff and I gained 2 cup holders for the rear passengers.
The tan colored stitching on the console matches the stitching on the doors. Your original sliding armrests will be used on your new console.

+1 Also bought the factory console and it's been great. No regrets, the fit and finish is great and it adds very useful storage including those backseat cup holders that my kids like. I looked at the drop in solutions, but I personally didn't like they way they looked in the car.