Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone still being offered Austin cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
I have a Model Y-LR on order and have been regularly checking the cars Tesla offer me instead of the one I ordered.
For the past few weeks there have always been a choice of three cars, all Austin Y-AWD, but never quite what I'm after.
Yesterday there were only two and the price had gone up.
This morning the option no longer appears.
So wondering if anyone else still sees the option to take a Y-AWD instead of what you ordered.
Not really sure what it all means, obviously :cool:

I am from San Antonio, TX. Picked up my new MYSR yesterday. I placed the order last week for MYLR and it gave me option that there were other Vehicles available. It gave me the option for 279 mile with the same configuration. I picked one from their options and immediately got the VIN Number. It was delivered yesterday. Really happy with the Car. Did a thorough check on the vehicle before delivery and did not find panel misplacement. BTW the car came with the mobile charger. It has magnetic center console armrest and a parcel shelf. It has Dual Motor with All Wheel Drive.

Upvote 0
I am from San Antonio, TX. Picked up my new MYSR yesterday. I placed the order last week for MYLR and it gave me option that there were other Vehicles available. It gave me the option for 279 mile with the same configuration. I picked one from their options and immediately got the VIN Number. It was delivered yesterday. Really happy with the Car. Did a thorough check on the vehicle before delivery and did not find panel misplacement. BTW the car came with the mobile charger. It has magnetic center console armrest and a parcel shelf. It has Dual Motor with All Wheel Drive.
So you got your MY a week after ordering it?

I’m in DFW and am curious if I would get the same option. Our pre approval with our financing is only good for a other month. If you don’t mind me asking, how much less expensive was the SR over the LR?

Upvote 0

I’m in DFW and am curious if I would get the same option. Our pre approval with our financing is only good for a other month. If you don’t mind me asking, how much less expensive was the SR over the LR?
Yes. It was so fast. I had to complete all their requirements by tesla app on my phone. They were supposed to deliver only next week but Tesla called me on friday last week and said that my car would be ready by Wednesday 22nd.

Upvote 0
Looks like it was temporary. Got two offered this morning and saw other posts about Austin Y-AWD showing up in regular inventory.
Maybe it won't be long before they make them available to order.

If they're offering them to you, it will show up in your account. For me it looks like the base price has gone up.
So if you ordered before the price increase you will end up paying more to go from an Y-LR to a Y-AWD

Upvote 0
I haven’t ordered one yet but was curious what the price difference was between the two. We have been looking at used Model Ys but hate that they are just as much if not more than new. I’d take a chance on ordering a Y if I could get that same offer before our pre approval expires.

Upvote 0
Yes. It was so fast. I had to complete all their requirements by tesla app on my phone. They were supposed to deliver only next week but Tesla called m

e on friday last week and said that my car would be ready by Wednesday 22nd.

Total came out to $74440 including FSD, destination fees and order fees. I selected Blue Color.

Reactions: ElectricNerd
Upvote 0
What would the chances of me ordering a MY LR without FSD and having Tesla offer me an SR? I’d definitely pick an SR if offered. Curious if they could tell me that if I called into the Tesla ordering customer service?
Choose the option for the FSD now then later on after you have received your VIN you can take off the FSD option. The only thing with this is that the delivery may be delayed

Upvote 0
What would the chances of me ordering a MY LR without FSD and having Tesla offer me an SR? I’d definitely pick an SR if offered. Curious if they could tell me that if I called into the Tesla ordering customer service?
Certainly worth a try. And being in Texas you have a good chance of being offered the MYAWD right away after placing your LR order. The price of MYAWD just went up $2K but then the price of LR and P also went up even more. Even more likely if you do this right away so Tesla can get another car sold for EOQ numbers next week.
Current pricing in this article for MYAWD: Giga Texas Model Y AWD gets $2,000 price increase

Reactions: ElectricNerd
Upvote 0
Looks like it was temporary. Got two offered this morning and saw other posts about Austin Y-AWD showing up in regular inventory.
Maybe it won't be long before they make them available to order.

If they're offering them to you, it will show up in your account. For me it looks like the base price has gone up.
So if you ordered before the price increase you will end up paying more to go from an Y-LR to a Y-AWD
Where would I see it on my account?

Upvote 0
Talked with Tesla and the person I spoke with told me where I’d see the accelerated delivery options on my account online. He did tell me I would qualify for getting an Austin made vehicle since I’m in Texas. He did check though and said none were available today but to keep checking each day. He also said they pick a particular color to release each day.

Upvote 0
Talked with Tesla and the person I spoke with told me where I’d see the accelerated delivery options on my account online. He did tell me I would qualify for getting an Austin made vehicle since I’m in Texas. He did check though and said none were available today but to keep checking each day. He also said they pick a particular color to release each day.
I’m in the DFW area and I was offered a MY AWD a few weeks before my delivery. You can pop open the view inventory on their website to see what they have to offer according to your zip code. I’ve seen some on there for the current price of $62k. They disappear fast though.

Upvote 0