Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Van or any EV Van (Canoo)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to consider getting an electric van because it's the only way I could practically have a vehicle that can carry a bike. I'm kind of tired of not being able to take my bikes or scooters to other places. The Model Y can fit a normal E-scooter but tons of space is gone once you put in a single Segway scooter. The biggest scooter I put in the Model Y is the Segway GT1 and that thing is a $1500 scooter that is almost vehicle grade, it goes 35 mph and it's 100 lb. I have successfully got the GT1 in the Model Y which is amazing but it's still not very practical to do all the time. I got a ramp and it makes it easier but it's not easy to do by myself all the time.

I'd like to get an electric van and have similar smart features like the Tesla. But will Tesla make a van? Or what are realistic options for an EV van in the next 1-2 years? I was hoping Canoo would release that van car thing. So I have the option to use it as a regular car and not a huge van all the time.

I was also looking forward in having Tesla announce a van, but I don't think that's happening (if ever) within the next 5 years. There is that mystery model based off Cybertruck but who knows what it is, and when it will hit the market as other higher priority model is ahead of Tesla's queue.

In our case, we want to use the van as a travel vehicle, looking for a bit more room than a Model Y - we sleep in the car.

The closest thing to this is probably VW ID Buzz LWB which is coming soon to North America. But this doesn't work for me (yet) because it doesn't do "Camp Mode"... :rolleyes:

Might work for you though.

Looks like lots of EV vans on the way. You can easily fit a couple folding eBikes into the hatches of Y, S & X. One will also fit comfortably in the back seat of Model 3. Sleeping inside each of these SUVs is pretty easy but you gotta take the bikes out first.

What do you think the real world range of something like this would be?