Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Still Waiting On Their Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I’m the OP and did finally get the spoiler yesterday from Tesla. Unfortunately, because the car is covered in PPF they refused to install it. I did expect that though. My problem is that so many have complained about the fit of the Tesla spoiler, I really have no idea whether this will fit until AFTER I remove the PPF from the trunk. What if I remove the film and it doesn’t fit lol? Idk. Honestly, I’m not a fan of the carbon fiber look anyway. I’m looking for alternatives like a flat black to match the chrome delete of the rest of the car. Anyone know of a thread where people have shown their aftermarket spoilers?

I have full exterior PPF also and Tesla refused my installation as well. I just ended up taking the spoiler uninstalled.

I spoke to Xpel about this and they told me there should be no issue installing the spoiler over their PPF as long as the surface is properly cleaned and the spoiler is installed correctly.

I'm thinking of the T Sportline executive rear spoiler as they told me there is no issue installing their spoilers over a wrap. It's carbon fiber, but I may just buy a roll of 3M film and wrap it myself.

Well, I’m the OP and did finally get the spoiler yesterday from Tesla. Unfortunately, because the car is covered in PPF they refused to install it. I did expect that though. My problem is that so many have complained about the fit of the Tesla spoiler, I really have no idea whether this will fit until AFTER I remove the PPF from the trunk. What if I remove the film and it doesn’t fit lol? Idk. Honestly, I’m not a fan of the carbon fiber look anyway. I’m looking for alternatives like a flat black to match the chrome delete of the rest of the car. Anyone know of a thread where people have shown their aftermarket spoilers?

If you can get it to match up by test-fitting, then I wouldn’t worry.

Mine fits like crap and it was the best out of the two the mobile tech had. Installed over my PPF and the edges that are lifting are because of a shoddy made spoiler. Not the film. And it’s one of the revised spoilers, apparently.