Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone think V10 portends imminent interior update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V10 Entertainment would look better I assume on a landscape screen like my Model 3. Does the V10 upgrade mean that new interior for X/S is imminent? My Model 3 is seems too small for our ski trips so I want an X, but I can wait a little bit. I think Tesla needs to do something to spark S/X demand, how expensive is an interior refresh/tooling?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I thought that the Raven refresh would have a landscape screen, but I was wrong. There were a lot of chatter at one point that Tesla wanted to unify the GUI (and therefore reduce coding/testing) by making everything have a landscape screen, but it didn't come to pass, at least not yet anyway. With the focus on so many things including Model Y, truck, semi, Roadster 2020, Gigafactories, solar business, etc. I doubt that landscape in MS/MX would ever happen any time soon.

V10 Entertainment would look better I assume on a landscape screen like my Model 3. Does the V10 upgrade mean that new interior for X/S is imminent? My Model 3 is seems too small for our ski trips so I want an X, but I can wait a little bit. I think Tesla needs to do something to spark S/X demand, how expensive is an interior refresh/tooling?

Model X is an amazing car, its like driving a spaceship. Definitely many times better than model 3. Just go ahead and buy it. It won't change for at least another year.

Agreed that landscape would be better for NetFlix but I would not trade the Portrait screen for anything. So much better.

Do you hold your phone in landscape while navigating?

I love the split screen mode with rear view and Nav going.

I hated reaching on the far right of the land scape screen.

I love having a bit of room between the Wheel and the Screen for a ProClip phone mount.

I think they did a great job on Video watching on Portrait by keeping all controls off the Video.

It’s partly why I bought the X now. Worried they are gonna make it 3 like.

In the near term, we shouldn't be surprised to see functionality and UI to be focused more on the landscape displays in the 3 (and newer vehicles) than for the current S/X with the portrait displays - since S/X is quickly becoming a smaller portion of Tesla's deployed vehicles.

An S/X refresh will come at some point, but V10 probably isn't a sufficient reason to warrant a hardware change. What we're more likely to see is a major refresh - that would include interior changes (landscape display) coupled with charging/battery/motor changes - my guess - second half of 2020 we'll see this happen.

One of the reasons I bought my LR MX now was the widely published predictions that the S/X would be refreshed to match the M3's interior. While I am sure I could adapt to the M3's location of speed, etc, I cannot believe it is better than the X's instrument cluster and vertical main screen. My preference goes triple for the extra controls on stalks. You can read the 3 forums and find out quickly the implementation of the AutoPilot and wipers is pretty sad. Cannot set cruise to current speed? Wow. Cannot adjust wipers without several stabs at the screen at the very moment you most need to be looking in front of the vehicle?

I know I could save a bunch of dollars and have a lighter car with faster supercharge rates. But I want to feel like my car is above average and not just an electrified Camry with great power and several features that are questionable at best.