Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tracked stock rotors with XT970 or other track pads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience speed doesn’t make a difference in overheating brakes. The problem is where the braking zones are located. I have a car that has run at Autoclub speedway, Buttonwillow, Willowsprings, streets of willow and all of the Arizona tracks except bondurant. I can run on all of those tracks except one without modification. At WHP East I have to remove my turn signals to allow more air to get to the brakes. That track has three good braking zones back to back to back after short straights. This is much worse than Autoclub with high speeds and only two braking zones that are back to back. (I don’t count a short tap of the brake as a braking zone)
My previous car ran yellostuff brakes and stock everything including brake fluid at Mid-Ohio, Miller Motorsports park, all the AZ tracks except AMP and bondurant. I had to upgrade the fluid for WHP East.

WHP East was my first time out with this car, and it made quick work destroying the stock brakes lol. I had lines and fluid at that point, that was it.

@MountainPass any pricing and release date info for MPP/StopTech BBK?

It will be about $4k, not sure on timing just yet as Stoptech is just starting to buzz again. We will have the rotors ready in about a week along with the brackets though, so we just need those guys to get the calipers done!