Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Brake Kit (BBK) offset question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of deciding between:
  1. Emotive
  2. MPP Stoptech
  3. UP X PFC
For my LR AWD, primary criteria for me are good street manners for my daily driver and cost and solid performance on track days.

#1 makes it clear the rotors add +4mm to your front wheel offset but how about the others?

I am also interested in personal experience from the rest of you, DM me if you want to avoid vendor discussions.
Thanks!

Reactions: hyp36rmax
I believe #1 only adds +4 mm if you have the OEM P Front Rotors. I believe this is to deal with the P's weird step lip.

Since you have a LR AWD, there shouldn't be a difference in offset. Vendor - GiroDisc 370mm Rotors for GM Brembo 6-Pot Calipers
I got a different answer from the vendor via email so now I am more confused:

> Also just to confirm for a non-PUP it is 4mm of additional offset from thicker hats correct?
> Trying to dial in wheel offsets.

>> That is correct. All GiroDisc rotors have the 4mm thicker hat and the resulting additional offset.

I got a different answer from the vendor via email so now I am more confused:

> Also just to confirm for a non-PUP it is 4mm of additional offset from thicker hats correct?
> Trying to dial in wheel offsets.

>> That is correct. All GiroDisc rotors have the 4mm thicker hat and the resulting additional offset.

That is not correct. The majority of aftermarket rotors are about ~7mm thick on the hat which is about ~4mm more than the Performance rotors. The standard rotors on non-performance are the same as aftermarket, about ~7mm.

If the vendor doesn't know the answer to this, I'd recommend you seek another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
Don't forget AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL with 380x36mm discs and six piston calipers:

AP Racing by Essex Road Brake Kit (Front 9561/380mm)- Tesla Model 3 | Essex Parts Services, Inc.

It fits some of the stock wheels and the wheel template to check fitment on any wheel can be found here:
https://www.essexparts.com/storage/wysiwyg/wheel_clearance_template_tesla3_cp9561-380_1.pdf

img_574.jpg

img_0582.jpg

img_2775_bmw_front_kit_20_01_10007-red_cp9561_1.jpg

wrii_red_black_silverjpg.jpg