Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Try Konig's Hypergram Rims For Track Day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm under contract with SSR til the end of the year so I gotta keep SSR on the car til then. I'm a little scared to mess up these pretty blue wheels but I know they're strong so it's quite possible I'll use them for the 2021 season. We will see. SSR is like family to me and I'm ever so grateful we were able to work together during this crazy year.

I'm currently consulting some other wheel companies for track setups/fitments also so I might get swayed into some more "disposable" worthy wheels soon. lol.

Please keep in mind that due to the thinner nature of our rotor hat on the P car we can run lower offsets. At such a time that you upgrade to an aftermarket brake kit or MPP rotors your fitment will change slightly.

19x9.5 +22 with 265/35/19 will work. Again, I'm running very little camber. At my ride height I maxed out a -1 degs driver and passenger up front. I have adjustable rear camber arms so I dialed those down to -0.6 degs since I opted not to run more camber in the rear than the front. That's just how I like my AWD cars setup. I'll be installing some UP FUCA's after the Thanksgiving holiday and start working on these other fitments. Maybe I can get it done next week but no promises. My work load has just gotten nuts!!!!!

How many mm difference would you say between Performance Hub and Non-P cars?

You're running 19x10 +35 all around AND 275/35/19 with the issues in the front?
No real issues, just a little less range. I have P3D.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Here is the original thread, this was the most helpful thread for the P3D with PUP, double step center bore lip:
P3D on 18 x 9.5" APEX EC-7 Wheels & 275mm Tires

@MasterC17 was the pioneer to running 275s. Thank you to him for getting me the spacers and adapters specs and where to buy.

This is the thread to getting the 19" wheel spec:
Tesla Model 3 DM Performance - Autocross/Time Trial Build for USCA (Optima)

@Rexpelagi was also helpful and testing out the spec.

Here is what I bought:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/A-set-of-aluminium-hub-centric-ring-size-ID-64-1-mm-x-OD-70-4-mm/204496480?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_W9-zIVx7UxyLTtzwUx0Mo36GUkEzSg0dUUR:RE0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_10078&clickid=W9-zIVx7UxyLTtzwUx0Mo36GUkEzSg0dUUR:RE0&sharedid=teslamotorsclub.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N8U4ZU9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would of preferred 19X9.5 et 35 width however getting the hubcentric bore and back spacing spec was either more difficult to find or pricier (shipping fees). 9.5 width would have allowed a bit more clearance to the front upper control arm. The 275/35 sit with a slight stretch on the 19X10. Be careful, if you lie the wheel down, the wheel lip will touch the ground first.

Disclaimer - most tire manufacturer tire specs are different so some tires run wider and/or taller in the same advertised size.

Attachments

• FC3FEBAA-FD9F-42DF-A400-643698127FE1.jpeg
    FC3FEBAA-FD9F-42DF-A400-643698127FE1.jpeg
    678.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 00F1108F-0696-4671-A840-AE61AB4C6127.jpeg
    00F1108F-0696-4671-A840-AE61AB4C6127.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Here is the original thread, this was the most helpful thread for the P3D with PUP, double step center bore lip:
P3D on 18 x 9.5" APEX EC-7 Wheels & 275mm Tires

@MasterC17 was the pioneer to running 275s. Thank you to him for getting me the spacers and adapters specs and where to buy.

This is the thread to getting the 19" wheel spec:
Tesla Model 3 DM Performance - Autocross/Time Trial Build for USCA (Optima)

@Rexpelagi was also helpful and testing out the spec.

Here is what I bought:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/A-set-of-aluminium-hub-centric-ring-size-ID-64-1-mm-x-OD-70-4-mm/204496480?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_W9-zIVx7UxyLTtzwUx0Mo36GUkEzSg0dUUR:RE0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_10078&clickid=W9-zIVx7UxyLTtzwUx0Mo36GUkEzSg0dUUR:RE0&sharedid=teslamotorsclub.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N8U4ZU9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would of preferred 19X9.5 et 35 width however getting the hubcentric bore and back spacing spec was either more difficult to find or pricier (shipping fees). 9.5 width would have allowed a bit more clearance to the front upper control arm. The 275/35 sit with a slight stretch on the 19X10. Be careful, if you lie the wheel down, the wheel lip will touch the ground first.

Disclaimer - most tire manufacturer tire specs are different so some tires run wider and/or taller in the same advertised size.

So you're effectively running a 10 +32? since you have the 3mm spacer? I opted not to use a hubring but am looking to get some milled for all us P Cars. Most aftermarket wheels have a 72.6 or 73.1 CB so I'll make that and put a notch in it 3mm deep so it has 2 ID's for the P car.

I'm starting to have doubts that it's only 3mm difference between our hubs.
Here is my current set up: 20x9 +35 on 245/35. Hard to imagine there's another 19mm of space under there with 245 let alone 265 wide tires... hmmm

Attachments

• IMG_7932.jpg
    IMG_7932.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7933 2.jpg
    IMG_7933 2.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 174
So you're effectively running a 10 +32? since you have the 3mm spacer? I opted not to use a hubring but am looking to get some milled for all us P Cars. Most aftermarket wheels have a 72.6 or 73.1 CB so I'll make that and put a notch in it 3mm deep so it has 2 ID's for the P car.

Please let me know which selections of wheels are out there with 30-32 mm et with a 10" width with a 70+mm CB for flow formed 19" wheels. I only knew of a few within these specs. Id think 9.5" width wheels has a bit more play in the back spacing.

I wouldn't mind a set of these:
RAYS - The concept is racing. [en]

Please let me know which selections of wheels are out there with 30-32 mm et with a 10" width with a 70+mm CB for flow formed 19" wheels. I only knew of a few within these specs. Id think 9.5" width wheels has a bit more play in the back spacing.

Yes that's way too difficult. It's possible you can find a +30. I was just confirming that your actual fitment with 275's is a 10" +32 so that people don't get confused.

19x9.5 +25 to +30 with a 275/35/19 will be a great setup for a Performance model and shouldn't require much camber.

I've been distributing Ray's/Volk Racing for 20 years now. This is tough because that wheel cannot accommodate M14 studs.

When you or anyone looks at their fitment charts please look here to see if it will work for our car.

It indicates only drilled to accept M12's.

upload_2020-11-13_10-46-19.png

• Informative
Reactions: Pied
I'm starting to have doubts that it's only 3mm difference between our hubs.
Here is my current set up: 20x9 +35 on 245/35. Hard to imagine there's another 19mm of space under there with 245 let alone 265 wide tires... hmmm
It is more like 5mm. I'm getting some rims made so I've been measuring the hubs on the P and the non P and I made the difference 4.7mm.

• Informative
Reactions: P3D-R and MODEL+
They will work. I'm actually working a deal with them right now for distribution. They will also clear the P3D brakes from what they told me. For track you can actually run a lower offset as well. What other suspension setup do you have or plan to have? Are you gonna run Tesla Corsa? I'm in frequent conversations with the fast guys in the group.
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I am in southern Cali - in Granada Hills. I usually run at Cali Speedway. I need to talk to you urgently as I am ready to pick up wheels and Nankang tires.

I'll PM you so we can chat hopefully.

They will work. I'm actually working a deal with them right now for distribution. They will also clear the P3D brakes from what they told me. For track you can actually run a lower offset as well. What other suspension setup do you have or plan to have? Are you gonna run Tesla Corsa? I'm in frequent conversations with the fast guys in the group.
I also installed Eibach performance sway bars front and rear, as well as Truhart Camber arms in the rear.

I usually run solo at the California speedway.

I sent you a PM, as I need some advice on rims and offsets. I already know I want to run on Nankang AR-1s.

Look forward to some advice so I can create my track specific setup.

Thanks.

Reactions: P3D-R
I also installed Eibach performance sway bars front and rear, as well as Truhart Camber arms in the rear.

I usually run solo at the California speedway.

I sent you a PM, as I need some advice on rims and offsets. I already know I want to run on Nankang AR-1s.

Look forward to some advice so I can create my track specific setup.

Thanks.

Fontana is cool. I have had several booths setup in the parking lot in years past. lol.

I daily the Freeforms in 18 x 9.5 +35 with a 265 but I'm moving to 19" 275 for track tires. I keep going back and forth on +25/35 on the Ampliforms while they're on backorder.

I've got extended studs in the front already so I think I'm going to stick with 35 and have the freedom to add spacers if I want.