Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the new Turtle Wax Pro Graphene Wax Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've applied Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax (spray bottle) on my windshield a few times now with great results. You can apply it to any exterior surface, which is what I do. It's everywhere on the outside of my car, no problems. I'm very happy with its performance and ease of maintenance.

Reactions: joebruin77
Reviving this old thread. I finally tried Turtle Wax Flex Wax for the first time. I know its been a while since my original post, but it took me that long to get through a gallon bottle of Xtreme Solutions Topper before I was ready to order a new drying aid / spray wax.

The Turtle Wax Flex Wax provides a very high level of gloss. The graphene in this product really does add additional gloss. So if gloss alone is your main goal, I would definitely recommend checking out this product. However, I also consider other factors like slickness and scent. Does it glide under the towel as you wipe it off? Does it come off easily without streaks or high spots? Does it have a pleasant scent?

The TW Flex Wax was a bit slick under the towel, but not nearly as slick as other products. It is also a bit more work to buff off. As others have mentioned, if you use too much, you will likely have some streaks. Finally, it doesn't really have a scent. So I am glad it does not have a harsh chemical smell, but it also does not have a pleasant scent.

The final factor for me is cost. TW Flex Wax costs about $25 for 23 ounces. My other two favorite ceramic drying aid / toppers Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray and Xtreme Solutions Topper are more cost effective at $35 - $40 per gallon. Plus, they both smell great and are pleasant to work with.

So although I am glad I gave TW Flex Wax a try, I am going to stick with Technicians Choicer Ceramic Detail Spray and Xtreme Solutions Topper.

Then again, I would like to try Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine and Meguiars M799 Pro Ceramic Bead Booster.....

Attachments

• IMG_4114.jpg
    IMG_4114.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4115.jpg
    IMG_4115.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: freeAgent
Reviving this old thread. I finally tried Turtle Wax Flex Wax for the first time. I know its been a while since my original post, but it took me that long to get through a gallon bottle of Xtreme Solutions Topper before I was ready to order a new drying aid / spray wax.

The Turtle Wax Flex Wax provides a very high level of gloss. The graphene in this product really does add additional gloss. So if gloss alone is your main goal, I would definitely recommend checking out this product. However, I also consider other factors like slickness and scent. Does it glide under the towel as you wipe it off? Does it come off easily without streaks or high spots? Does it have a pleasant scent?

The TW Flex Wax was a bit slick under the towel, but not nearly as slick as other products. It is also a bit more work to buff off. As others have mentioned, if you use too much, you will likely have some streaks. Finally, it doesn't really have a scent. So I am glad it does not have a harsh chemical smell, but it also does not have a pleasant scent.

The final factor for me is cost. TW Flex Wax costs about $25 for 23 ounces. My other two favorite ceramic drying aid / toppers Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray and Xtreme Solutions Topper are more cost effective at $35 - $40 per gallon. Plus, they both smell great and are pleasant to work with.

So although I am glad I gave TW Flex Wax a try, I am going to stick with Technicians Choicer Ceramic Detail Spray and Xtreme Solutions Topper.

Then again, I would like to try Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine and Meguiars M799 Pro Ceramic Bead Booster.....

Did you put the TW on the glass roof too? If so, did it help with beading and preventing water spots?

Did you put the TW on the glass roof too? If so, did it help with beading and preventing water spots?

Yes, I applied the TW Flex Wax to the roof and all the windows. Just make sure not to apply too much product and your glass will be streak-free.

It rained about a week or two after I applied the product and I saw very nice, tight beads. I don't know if that was due to the TW Flex Wax or to the Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax that is my base form of protection.

Yes, I applied the TW Flex Wax to the roof and all the windows. Just make sure not to apply too much product and your glass will be streak-free.

It rained about a week or two after I applied the product and I saw very nice, tight beads. I don't know if that was due to the TW Flex Wax or to the Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax that is my base form of protection.
I can say that the TW Flex Wax on glass does very well with beading water, just as it does on body panels. And yeah...DON'T over-apply it.

Reactions: joebruin77