Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone willing to rent me there model X in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

i am flying to new york on the 1st of october for a month (give or take a couple of days)

i plan to road trip all over the states so unlimited miles is a must

also i want full insurance provided by the owner , i have an international driving license fyi

pick up and drop off is new york , airport or manhattan

anything smaller than 90 battery wont work for me

for a P90D i am willing to pay $10,000 for 30 days all inclusive (insurance) and ill pay $350 a day over that if i am late

for a 90D i am willing to pay $9,000 for 30 days all inclusive (insurance) and ill pay $310 a day over that if i am late

thanks

Hello

i am flying to new york on the 1st of october for a month (give or take a couple of days)

i plan to road trip all over the states so unlimited miles is a must

also i want full insurance provided by the owner , i have an international driving license fyi

pick up and drop off is new york , airport or manhattan

anything smaller than 90 battery wont work for me

for a P90D i am willing to pay $10,000 for 30 days all inclusive (insurance) and ill pay $350 a day over that if i am late

for a 90D i am willing to pay $9,000 for 30 days all inclusive (insurance) and ill pay $310 a day over that if i am late

thanks

Have you considered a rental agency...Many on the web...

Tesla Model X Rental|Rent a Tesla Model X

Sorry to say, but I think you would have to at least double or triple your offer to get someone to give you unlimited miles on their new $140,000 Model X. The depreciation alone on all those miles isn't worth 10K. You might have a better chance at renting an S as there are many more available... any 85 or higher will work...trust me.

There's no insurance for using insurance. What I mean by that is no one is going to take the risk that you get in an accident (covered under the owner's policy) which will result in increased premiums, diminished value, loss of use, etc.

Can I suggest that you post the approximate mileage requirements. I doubt you will get any interest due to risk of accidents, depreciation due to mileage, interior damage and blemishes etc.

If you end up driving 20,000 miles, it comes out to $0.50 cents per mile. Doesn't sound realistic. Like another poster said, consider a model S and you may get interest. I have a model S I may consider but not even my lowly 75d X.

Good luck on finding one and safe journey

just so i understand this correctly
you dont live in the US
you want someone to rent you there new or somewhat new 140k car with unlimited miles so you can drive anywhere you please for 36k ..

i'll gloss over the fact that to me your just some person on the internet.
lets just play this out a sec.
who outside of a business has the ability to process a credit card transaction to support this kind of deal? unless your paying cash up front and if that the case why, and how
whats to stop your from just driving across the border and stealing my car 36k for a 140k car is a pretty good profit when you look at it.

call me crazy but would you give some stranger on the internet 140k on the promise that they'd bring it back in your in a few months?

i use to live and work in Saudi i know how they drive there.. i'm a bit reluctant to just hand over my new toy to someone i dont know or have met.

Last edited:
Reactions: 808? and X Fan
Can I suggest that you post the approximate mileage requirements. I doubt you will get any interest due to risk of accidents, depreciation due to mileage, interior damage and blemishes etc.

If you end up driving 20,000 miles, it comes out to $0.50 cents per mile. Doesn't sound realistic. Like another poster said, consider a model S and you may get interest. I have a model S I may consider but not even my lowly 75d X.

Good luck on finding one and safe journey

my journey is coast to coast and back so roughly 7000 miles with detours

and thank you for your input much appreciated

just so i understand this correctly
you dont live in the US
you want someone to rent you there new or somewhat new 140k car with unlimited miles so you can drive anywhere you please for 10k ..

i'll gloss over the fact that to me your just some person on the internet.
lets just play this out a sec.
who outside of a business has the ability to process a credit card transaction to support this kind of deal? unless your paying cash up front and if that the case why, and how
whats to stop your from just driving across the border and stealing my car 36k for a 140k car is a pretty good profit when you look at it.

call me crazy but would you give some stranger on the internet 140k on the promise that they'd bring it back in your in a few months?

i use to live and work in Saudi i know how they drive there.. i'm a bit reluctant to just hand over my new toy to someone i dont know or have met.

relax i am not forcing you to do anything , i understand your fears

payment is whatever turo, paypal , credit card , you can get me to sign a contract with a lawyer also with a security deposit if anyone wants that

its not my first long trip in the US , i do it almost every year , i usually rent from Hertz an escalade for 5k with unlimited miles and full insurance

i thought this time to try a model x because i have a model s and try the supercharge network since we dont have it here , my tesla till today is the only one in saudi btw

if my offer insults anyone please let me know and i will end this idea

Just something to think about. I got in a very minor fender bender with my Model S a few years ago. It was almost $20,000 to fix. But the worst part is that it took over 2 MONTHS to fix.

So you can understand everyone's hesitation to "rent" you their Model X under the circumstances you mentioned. I doubt you will get any takers.

I owned a luxury and exotic rental car agency with my own fleet for a number of years - dealing with Arabs was the worst - haggling is a hobby for these people. This guy claims he is not negotiating but all the Arabs claim that - then they do. They will low ball you at first - and $10K for 30 days unlimited miles on an P90D Model X is an extremely low ball offer that any owner would be stupid to take and the OP knows it. He has certainly called rental agencies and been quoted double or triple this amount.

I have numerous Arab clients, and one who became a close enough friend that he finally explained to me his culture and how negotiation works. "It doesn't matter how good a price you offer me - I have to offer you less or I will feel stupid for not trying. It's just how Arab culture works."