Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a SunTek CXP 1-piece back window tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for anyone with a SunTek CXP tint that was installed as a 1-piece on their back window to ask for their opinions on an issue I'm facing. I had this installed a couple of months ago, and there's some ghosting, or light hazing. The shop told me they could replace it, but removing the tint can potentially damage the rear defroster for which they will not be responsible for.

I called other shops to confirm this, and it was correct, and some informed me that the SunkTek tends to have this "hazing" effect, that even if the old tint was replaced, the new tint would most likely have the same issue.

Can anyone with the SunTek CXP installed on their back window confirm if this is the case?
Does yours have some variation of the same issue I have or was it a perfect install?

I don't know whether my installer overheated it too much, causing the ghosting, or if this is just a defect of the SunTek brand. I don't want to risk damaging my defroster if I know this is a common issue for SunTek.

WINDOW_TINT.JPG