Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with an S/X still waiting for V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Teslafi's data, It looks like most AP 2.5 cars are still on 2018.36. (I'm still waiting, too)

The upgrades to 2018.39 now seem to be those who jumped over .36 and went straight to .39.
This is a terribly slow rollout--I wish they would speed it up somewhat. I have a road trip coming up this weekend and would like to see the new AP and user interface, and my dash cam!

Reactions: spectrum
I am in Silicon Valley literally 15 miles from Tesla factory. My June 2018 MX still waiting on the update connected every night to my 250 mpbs home network.
I also have a June 2018 MX and waiting for v9. I am currently on 2018.36.2. Looking at ev-fw.com, it seems that at least for MX, most of the v9 update are for VIN < 100xxx. So, my guess is that Tesla is updating MX based on manufacturing date?

I received V9 last night, installed ok, no issues. So far so good, I do think the cars shown around the car in the dash are a bit "cartoonish" and the jump around alot, I believe Tesla will improve that look and the transition from camera to camera. I do like what they have done to the screen settings and functions. The car did brake very early today on AP when a car pulled out into the oncoming lane, and I have it set to Late collision warning. Seems different than before

I agree the setting screen change is nice, but the ap improvement is marginal at best. Matter of fact it is scary sometimes as it tends to brake very late on stopped vehicles.

I understand why they make the Tesla car smaller in order to fit more cars around it, but do they have to make the other cars worse than it was before. I did find it interesting they mistake children crossing the street as motorcycles

The car did brake very early today on AP when a car pulled out into the oncoming lane, and I have it set to Late collision warning. Seems different than before

You do realise collision warning setting has no effect on the actual emergency braking - only how much pre-warning you get. Also braking in AP is not the same as the emergency braking, they are separate systems. AP braking could well be different than before regardless, I wouldn't know as I haven't had the update yet.

Still waiting and reading all about V9.
Will be a long wait. Living in the beautiful country of The Netherlands in the oldest city NIJMEGEN.

Don't feel bad, compared to you I live in Tesla's backyard In the United States states here in Arizona and I don't have it either :-( but from what I read I don't think I'm going to like it my car is pre autopilot, one of the early signature cars. looks to me like it's just going to make my Center screen less capable than it is currently.

Don't feel bad, compared to you I live in Tesla's backyard In the United States states here in Arizona and I don't have it either :-( but from what I read I don't think I'm going to like it my car is pre autopilot, one of the early signature cars. looks to me like it's just going to make my Center screen less capable than it is currently.

Update, just installed it played around with it for a little bit. It is what I thought it was. most every complaint that I've read in those that do not like it on pre autopilot cars is spot-on not not a fan

Reactions: Superendo