Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with MCU 1 Have the Beta? SC Wont Help...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to hear from actual owners who refused the MCU 2 Upgrade and still have MCU 1 with all the necessary requirements to receive the beta software...

we have a 2017 Model X - Build Date 9/2017
AP2 Swapped to AP3 FSD Chip Last year
Camera's were retrofitted 3 months ago...

2 software updates later, still nothing. (the updates came in after the camera retrofit and all it did was reload the existing software.
no safety score either.

Software Build Version at the moment: 2022.8.10.11

FSD Beta Request button has been pressed since Day 1 it became available.

Emailed FSDBeta team via email, no response back yet.

i know of several people with MCU 2 that have had their software and retrofits almost an entire year ago.

and i know there will be several comments saying "just upgrade to MCU 2"

the last time they upgraded another one of my previous cars to MCU 2 they damaged my interior in several areas performing the retrofit, and i dont want them tearing apart my entire dashboard. nor do i want to pay the extra 1600 for something we should all be able to have. we were told we had all the necessary hardware and if not, tesla was going to pay for it.

i dont care about the games or having netflix.

i have a seperate plaid s with the beta and i am more just interested in holding out to see if tesla will honor their word and so i can have similar safety features & functionality with autopilot when we switch between our cars.

what im asking is more then fair.

just looking for responses to gauge if there are actual MCU 1 owners out there with the beta software and how did you get it?

We had it for 2.5 months (from late January to early April) and it was great (definitely not a finished product, and a bit jerky in some situations) but we lost the feature after we took the car for some service and the SC applied an upgrade to 2022.8.10.11. It's super frustrating that they decided to do a software upgrade that took away our ability to get FSD. There is only one firmware fork for MCU1 cars that has the FSD feature, and you have to stay in that older software. Now we are on the newer fork, we are SOL. I am trying to determine what options may be, but I am slowly accepting the fact we will need to pay for the Infotainment Upgrade in order to get MCU2 and gain access to the FSD firmwares.

• Disagree
Reactions: m5james
We had it for 2.5 months (from late January to early April) and it was great (definitely not a finished product, and a bit jerky in some situations) but we lost the feature after we took the car for some service and the SC applied an upgrade to 2022.8.10.11. It's super frustrating that they decided to do a software upgrade that took away our ability to get FSD. There is only one firmware fork for MCU1 cars that has the FSD feature, and you have to stay in that older software. Now we are on the newer fork, we are SOL. I am trying to determine what options may be, but I am slowly accepting the fact we will need to pay for the Infotainment Upgrade in order to get MCU2 and gain access to the FSD firmwares.
So Musk figured out a way to $crew the MCU1 folks, huh? Finally give them the promised beta FSD access but then cut off needed software updates. I imagine all of us on MCU2/HW3 will soon have the same thing done to us as HW4 becomes the standard. Love that Musk guy and all of his tricks and lies.