Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anything Else Required After Ordering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I hope this is a simple question! I ordered/reserved a M3P last month (October) and I *think* I've done everything that I needed to by submitting the delivery location and registration information. From what I've read on the forums, I should not start the trade in or loan approval process until I have a delivery date since they are only valid for 30 days, but I'm surprised that my Tesla account doesn't actually warn me about this anywhere. It makes it look like I haven't completed the process and they are waiting on me to finish before I can proceed to some sort of next step or page.

See the screenshot below of how my account looks:
8t1zLWh

Basically I just want to confirm that I can sit tight now and that no further action is required on my part? My biggest concern is obviously delaying delivery!

I tried calling Tesla at the phone number listed, but even after multiple attempts I've been unable to get a hold of a real human to ask this question. I'm a little disappointed that this has been my experience so far :-(

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!! Thank you!!

Basically I just want to confirm that I can sit tight now and that no further action is required on my part? My biggest concern is obviously delaying

Get excited... get ready to wait... wait... wait... and more wait...

I wish it were not this way, but it is the story of many of us. Probably why we will simply accept whatever we get and excuse any defects because the alternative is more waiting.

At least you found this forum and will enjoy weeks and weeks of posts from your fellow "eventually-will-be" owners!

I don’t see any harm in submitting your trade in information. You will at least get the initial estimate of trade in value and you can then decide if you want to go with Tesla or sell to a third party. If it goes more than 30 days they may just need to reevaluate the quote.

Tesla reps rarely answer their phone any more. They don’t usually respond to voicemails or emails. We’ve just had to get used to it.

I was in the same boat, but I wasn't planning on a trade in so I completed that step but stopped at payment method. I emailed my SA and he responded telling me there is absolutely nothing to worry about, wait until I get an official VIN and then get my financing processed, as long as it's done before the firm delivery date it'll be fine.

I ordered on 10/27/19. My SA told me to go ahead and fill out the credit report now. He told me they had a special meeting about credit reports. They will accept credit reports more than 30 days out. I confirmed with him a second time and he told me yes more than 30 days out was fine. I hope he's right.

I don’t see any harm in submitting your trade in information. You will at least get the initial estimate of trade in value and you can then decide if you want to go with Tesla or sell to a third party. If it goes more than 30 days they may just need to reevaluate the quote.

Tesla reps rarely answer their phone any more. They don’t usually respond to voicemails or emails. We’ve just had to get used to it.
I Agree! it's as if they know you have your car & could care less anymore. Always get a "vm is full & it hangs up"

Thanks so much everyone for your replies! I really appreciate it and it helped me rest assured I didn't mess a step.

Tesla should really have some sort of message in your account telling you that you're "all good to go for now"