Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyway to change right steering wheel scroll wheel from climate on/off to fan speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I touch/scroll (not depress) the right hand steering wheel scroll wheel it turns the climate control on or off.
What would really be useful is if it adjusted the AC fan speed rather than having to do through the center screen controls.
Any genius ideas?

Every time I touch/scroll (not depress) the right hand steering wheel scroll wheel it turns the climate control on or off.
What would really be useful is if it adjusted the AC fan speed rather than having to do through the center screen controls.
Any genius ideas?

There is a menu button on the right steering wheel button thing, it the bottom one. Press, scroll, select with the scroll button.

Reactions: dsnows
by depressing and holding the scroll wheel, that menu only changes what displays on the right side of the dash (trips, energy, tire pressure status, etc.)
I can't figure a way to program the function of the scroll wheel itself

If you select the temperature setting on the scroll wheel, you can adjust the temperature up and down which will change the fan speed. Usually I do it on the display because the scroll wheel is needed to keep the display brightness up. (Why the display likes to dim when it's bright out is a mystery to me).

I will have to play with the "menu" button below the scroll wheel
manual indicates this can be made to control fan speed, just have not mastered yet

upload_2019-7-19_14-22-35.png

Reactions: jerry33
Its as simple as....

Whatever you were on last, in the menu. If you select "Fan Speed", the scroll wheel now does fan speed until you make a change in the menu again. It can never "default" or "always" be fan speed, unless you select fan speed and never change it again forever.