Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aodhan AFF7's on Model Y's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the 19x9.5 in Bronze which looks pretty nice but my fiancee isnt as much of a fan of the color. Same size as the OEM Geminis so i was able to just swap the tires over and has less offset so its not as sunken in. Would still need another 10mm or so to be flush i think but much better then stock.

Quality seems solid enough, no issues so far but i only have like 5k miles on them.

Foam tires aren't necessary and i think alot of people put on Michelin AS3/4s, or PSS and are happy with those.

I bought mine directly from Aodhan and had a local shop swap the tires over and install them for about $80.

Might be putting mine up for sale soon and just getting the Geminis powdercoated black since thats what the fiancee prefers.
What was your offset on the 19x9.5. I ordered them test fit just the wheel and I’m not sure if the offset is right all they had was+35 I feel like they may stick out a little. I just do t want it to rub.

+35 is all it comes in as far as i know. I wouldn’t say they stick out or anything and look pretty good as is even though it wasn’t quite flush yet. Once i lowered my car it was more obvious that i could use some spacers to get it flush, maybe another 10mm. No issues with rubbing at all though.

hub rings needed, 64.1 stepped hub to 73.1mm. I went with 275/40/20. I wanted a square setup and didn't feel the need to go 10.5, I was looking to reduce weight.
Can you please share more info on them hub rings? I've heard Model 3 Performance has a weird lip that needs special wheels or special hub rings. I guess I should do some more research too. Thanks!

Can you please share more info on them hub rings? I've heard Model 3 Performance has a weird lip that needs special wheels or special hub rings. I guess I should do some more research too. Thanks!

There is a lip on the hub which is exposed by the performance rotors because the rotors are 4-5mm thinner than the standard rotors.

Multiple solutions for running aftermarket wheels with larger bore diameter:
1) Don't use a hub ring. The lug nuts will center the wheel if you torque in sequence. Kinda stinks if you swap wheels often IMO.
2) Use a hub ring with step specifically machined for Model 3. Multiple vendors sell them. As far as I know they're all aluminum or other soft metals which also kinda stinks because they get stuck in my experience.
3) Use a 3mm or larger spacer and a standard hub ring. No lip, no problem. Moves your wheels out 3mm.
4) Aftermarket rotors are all thicker than OEM. Again, no lip no problem.

Attachments

• 1660655866905.png
    1660655866905.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,261
There is a lip on the hub which is exposed by the performance rotors because the rotors are 4-5mm thinner than the standard rotors.

Multiple solutions for running aftermarket wheels with larger bore diameter:
1) Don't use a hub ring. The lug nuts will center the wheel if you torque in sequence. Kinda stinks if you swap wheels often IMO.
2) Use a hub ring with step specifically machined for Model 3. Multiple vendors sell them. As far as I know they're all aluminum or other soft metals which also kinda stinks because they get stuck in my experience.
3) Use a 3mm or larger spacer and a standard hub ring. No lip, no problem. Moves your wheels out 3mm.
4) Aftermarket rotors are all thicker than OEM. Again, no lip no problem.
Thank you for breaking it down. That is very useful info!
You're right on number 2. I ended up ordering Muteki ones for performance models but I'll have to use some anti seize or something.
I'm worried about number 1 since I've seen heavier cars wear down studs prematurely due to the load on studs. I may be wrong but I've always preferred wheel sitting on the hub ring vs. studs, but a good option nonetheless.
Number 4 is a good one too. Once it's time to replace, go with a rotor without the lip and get a proper centric ring and everything should be good.
Looks like I am all set to order Aodhan Aff7 and save me some pretty pennies over Titan or Apex for daily/winter wheels. Thanks again!

View attachment 843823

Not my Y. But this guy has the AFF7 in 20x10 squared.. 275/40ZR20 DWS06+ tires mounted. Claimed no rubbing with stock suspension. Also said to contact customer service on their website and they will include any necessary black bolts or spacers.. when shipping/selling the wheels.

I think this is best-looking aftermarket wheel I've seen on the MY.
That looks awesome. Now I'm torn between the bronze and the black. Decisions decisions....

Reactions: Daekwan
That looks awesome. Now I'm torn between the bronze and the black. Decisions decisions....
I went through the same decision making process and feel your pain :)...here you go. AFF7 20x10.5 matt bronze on Conti DSW 275 40 20 Square set up. Very happy with the set up. btw there is no 20x10 AFF7 it is 20x10.5

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 1661523785367.jpeg
    1661523785367.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 511
Have you noticed any problems with the tires rubbing? Have you noticed anything that you might have done differently? If buying these a second time around
No Rubbing or fitment issues at all. My driving on stock Ubers were limited to 1,2 test drives so don't know for sure anything has improved from comfort stand point.
I recently went back and test drove a MYP with stock Michelins. There is a freeway exit sweeping right hander I consider as a bench mark for handling:).
Felt much more stable and could carry more speed on my MYP. May be I am used to my car , didn't want to push the Dealer's car on a test drive or whatever.

More than anything else I got this wheels + tire set up for the looks and the ability to rotate. I am very happy about it.
Discount tires guys tells me that it is better to rotate every 4k miles. If I didn't want the option to rotate the tires, I would have gone with 295's or even a 305 for the rear with the 10.5 wheels

What front lip kit is that? Car looks great!

There are many vendors that sell that style lip now, but I got mine from Amazon (powoq was the vendor). This thread includes more details.

Yeah it's the one that Simans82 said. It is a little different because I wrapped the bottom part of the stock lip to black it out. It's just some carbon fiber patterned vinyl to match the color of the lip.

Reactions: Simans82 and MR2MYP
looks awesome, how is the efficiency after all the mods? im looking to lower my future MYP and downgrade to 20" wheels. just wondering if i will gain any efficiency in the process....
I wouldn't be able to tell you. I swapped to 19" TE37's and slapped on the KW V3's right when I got the car, then just changed to the AFF7 wheels. It sure does look good though.