Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Nearby Superchargers Slow to Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearby Superchargers feature on AP is painfully slow to update. I returned home yesterday afternoon, and features showed superchargers that were not the nearest ones to me. For example, the charger just two miles from my home was not shown, nor were two others. It did show 4 superchargers that were closer to where I was yesterday!
This morning I checked again, and the feature had now been correctly updated.
This could be a big problem if low on charge.

Also, this may be wishful thinking, but nearest should be based on driving distance, not as the crow flies. One of my 4 current locations says it's 16 miles, which it would be if my car was a mountain goat and could climb 4,000 foot mountains! It's closer to 30 miles if I drive it.

Is this a bug, and/or something that could be included in an update?

I've found the Supercharger routefinding is just not that good, and worse when using maps to search. Was out on a drive and wondering how much further I could push it--searching "Supercharger" was pulling up stations 150-200 miles away, and none of the local ones. Seems like an omission that there isn't simply a voice command to find the nearest supercharger.