Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP takes 90° left turn through intersection without lines. How?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the first left turn carefully, you'll see that after the turn, the car starts to move into the same lane as the car in front but then moves back into the left lane once the lane markers are detected. The car will only follow the car in front when it can't detect lane markers.
I actually did notice that. I did see that admonition in my Model 3 owners manual pdf. I do distinctly remember reading, perhaps an earlier version of the pdf that if you are in AS and within so many feet of a turn if you signal the turn the car will take it. I looked under both AS and NoA. But the car had no choice but to either turn left or stop and turning left would have been the better of the two options. The lane was clearly marked and you entered the turn from a clearly marked left turn only marker in the road. My thought is, unless you try the same experiment from the right lane (right turn only) lane and signal a right turn it'll be impossible to tell to what degree following that other car through the intersection affected what the S did.