Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an update 4 days ago, regen seems the same albeit restricted more since weather has got a bit colder. Not quite as one pedal driving as the BMW i3 I traded in last month for the 2014 S85 ...but I have not noticed anything different in the regen in this update.

Just received firmware update 2019.36.2.7 b460230 on our 2015 AP1 Tesla S 85. According to the release note it has two new features:
1. Scheduled charging
2. Automatic Navigation.
These are nice features for people who go to work every day but as a retired person this is not very useful to me.

I had called Tesla Customer Service this morning around 10:00 AM (CST). The nice lady told me that my car was up-to-date and "she would push the new SW, if she could". By 1:00 PM I had notification that a new SW was available for update. Is this pure coincidence?

I have read that Tesla will have different horn options and the sound of horse trotting at slow speed. Apparently Tesla cars are so quiet that it has become a safety issue and the Govt. is requiring EVs to have this option. Now that is something I would like. I would also like Tesla cars to beep when in reverse.

Just received firmware update 2019.36.2.7 b460230 on our 2015 AP1 Tesla S 85. According to the release note it has two new features:
1. Scheduled charging
2. Automatic Navigation.
These are nice features for people who go to work every day but as a retired person this is not very useful to me.

I had called Tesla Customer Service this morning around 10:00 AM (CST). The nice lady told me that my car was up-to-date and "she would push the new SW, if she could". By 1:00 PM I had notification that a new SW was available for update. Is this pure coincidence?

I have read that Tesla will have different horn options and the sound of horse trotting at slow speed. Apparently Tesla cars are so quiet that it has become a safety issue and the Govt. is requiring EVs to have this option. Now that is something I would like. I would also like Tesla cars to beep when in reverse.
~~~~~~~~~ Re-Booting both screens, MCU and IC ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
v10.0 (32.12.7 58f3b76) NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser
Added Maps NA-2019-20-10487
v10.0 (32.12.2 58f3b76) NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser
v10.0 (32.11.1 d39e85a) NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser
v9.0 (32.2.2 da05838) NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser
v9.0 (28.3.1 f9e95acd) NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser

While I would like to have both of those items, at this point, I will settle just for release notes!!

We're probably the majority on 32.12.7

upload_2019-11-27_17-15-35.png

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Our 2015 Model S 85 is still on version 2019.36.2.7. Waiting patiently for the 2019.40.2
The firmware update allowed me to set charging time. This is useful to me as I have changed my electric billing to "Time of Day" to take advantage of lower electric rate at midnight.
I have a question - When I set the charging from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM, why does it NOT stop charging at 6:00 AM?

We finally received firmware update 40.2.3 for our 2015 Tesla S yesterday. The release note mentions High voltage detection and some minor bug fixes. I did not see any changes to the car other than the fact that I have been using the brakes more often. I liked it before when the car would de-accelerate faster when you took your foot of the accelerator. I am assuming that there must be a good reason why Tesla changed this.

As an aside I like the option that allows me to schedule charging the Tesla at midnight when our electric company charges 4 cents/kwh. Based my calculation it costs me $2.29 to charge the car to 80%. That is a sweet deal.

Reactions: Lex
I did not see any changes to the car other than the fact that I have been using the brakes more often. I liked it before when the car would de-accelerate faster when you took your foot of the accelerator. I am assuming that there must be a good reason why Tesla changed this.
This is part of the “batterygate”/“chargegate” changes that Tesla has been secretly making to older cars to avoid honouring their battery warranty. The reason is that our battery packs have degraded more than they expected, or there’s some other kind of manufacturing defect, and there’s a small possibility of them becoming a fire hazard if charged/discharged at the usual rate. But instead of replacing these defective packs under the 8-year battery warranty, they’ve decided to significantly restrict their max voltage, max supercharging current, max power output, and max regen power (you may be affected by one or more of these. For example mine is affected by all 4), so that our packs can limp along for a few more years until our warranty expires. See the top thread in the battery and charging forum for more information.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex and BozieBeMe2