Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 MCU1 -> MCU2 upgrade... Dumb Summon the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got an early 2016 S90D with AP1 which means I can move my car back and forth in my driveway with my phone.

It's mostly useless, but actually not totally useless. It is nice, for instance, when shoveling snow to dig out the front of the car then move it forward and shovel behind it. Same goes for the kids playing on the driveway, it is nice to just move it forward out of the way of them playing ball or similar. I can also imagine it is nice for getting in and out of a small garage.

Does dumb AP1 summon still work after the upgrade? Does it work as well / better / worse?

Works the same. No changes were done to the computer vision hardware with AP1 vehicles

With my car it takes a good long time to connect then often will disconnect without moving the car or with the car moving an inch. In the past it worked pretty well but recently it's been pretty useless. Uselesser, maybe, it's always been pretty useless except as a party trick.

With my car it takes a good long time to connect then often will disconnect without moving the car or with the car moving an inch. In the past it worked pretty well but recently it's been pretty useless. Uselesser, maybe, it's always been pretty useless except as a party trick.
I too was frustrated with the connection times with using the app. When I started using dumb summon daily to move my car in/out of my garage I switched to the fob and found it works flawlessly.

I have never tried it. Was told by customer service, it would help park in our 8' wide garage doors.
Unfortunately it does not work going slightly uphill...
Ive never tried it anywhere else.
As for our customer service relations, weve had very few issues with our 2015 S85D. AWD The issues we did have were all corrected either in person, at our home, by a mobile tech, or online. We do have only a little over 15k miles on it though...