Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 self parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AP2 S90D with 17.42.a88c8d5 seems eager to do self-park every time I am approaching traffic light or in a traffic jam. See the picture attached.

I've tried to let it engage self-parking at parking lot, I've only succeeded twice, ever since perpendicular parking was available.

Attachments

• IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 103
Mine was doing this for quite some time, but I just put it into "have a giggle" category.

Perpendicular parking has been working almost flawlessly for me since I have the car. There was only one occurrence where I thought the car came too close to the car on the right side. I always have my foot over brake anyway, just in case.

It does seem to show "P" in the dash more frequently now, but I think it has to do with overall quicker/more accurate feedback from the sensors around the car after 2017.42.

My AP2 S90D with 17.42.a88c8d5 seems eager to do self-park every time I am approaching traffic light or in a traffic jam. See the picture attached.

I believe the car is being tricked into thinking it is a space, due to the motion of the vehicles around it. If a small gap is traveling at the same speed, it will appear as a larger gap.

I've noticed a similar issue. Mine only shows the P on the main dashboard though in traffic. It never actually had it show on the main screen like this

It only shows on the main screen once you put the car in reverse.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva and arcus
We've seen it believe there is a parking spot when stopped at a light in the middle of traffic - and also when pulling past wide sidewalks.

So far, we haven't been able to get it to find a real parking space...

We've seen it believe there is a parking spot when stopped at a light in the middle of traffic - and also when pulling past wide sidewalks.

So far, we haven't been able to get it to find a real parking space...

Literally I’m in the same boat too. Maybe it’s a software bug or something? I do have HW2.5 so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it.

In my previous Range Rover, you had to actively select that you are looking for a parking spot before the system started reporting them. The Tesla system it is continually looking, so its not surprising that you get a false positive when you are driving slowly, and pass a gap of appropriate size between two cars. I sometimes have this shown on the opposite side of the road when driving on a narrow two way road as well. AP1 here.

Literally I’m in the same boat too. Maybe it’s a software bug or something? I do have HW2.5 so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Same for me with HW2. Almost always shows a P when stopped at a traffic light with a solid row of cars next to me. Never in a parking lot with perfectly good real parking spaces. 2017.50.2 software. No changes noticed with any of the recent upgrades.

Reactions: viper2ko