Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Summons question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the summons game , just enabled in 17.11.3

I've searched but haven't found much about my issue
Car backs out or garage fine to driveway, but stops almost immediately when going from driveway to garage
Yes, I have an incline on the driveway but it's pretty moderate
Is there any adjustment or is that just how it is?

Haven't tried it but would backing the car into the garage change anything VS trying to bring the car in front end 1st

Could adjusting the suspension from regular to high/very high have any effect

Do you have lot of clearance on the side? Do you usually drive into the garage yourself? Did it usually screaming STOP to you when you did that?
Lots of side clearance, 2-3' on either side. I drive into garage prob 60% with wife, 40% alone. I ease car in cautiously and get the STOP at exactly 12" every time

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your one question about parking by my self. If you meant was I trying to use summon while inside car, no, I have net tried that yet, Just summon via key fob

Last edited:
Another question about AP2 summon. Mine is working but it won't open the garage door. The door opens fine with just the button on the screen. I only have one door programmed. I have it activated under the custom options on auto park. Any thoughts?

I have the same issue, yet to figure out why. Once it backed out fully but usually just keeps the 1 foot front bumper in the garage (which is fine for now I suppose)

It will stop if there is an incline. It will stop if the distance to move setting has been reached. It will stop if there is an obstruction (like a person standing behind it, fob in hand). It will stop if you press any button on the fob.
Lots of side clearance, 2-3' on either side. I drive into garage prob 60% with wife, 40% alone. I ease car in cautiously and get the STOP at exactly 12" every time

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your one question about parking by my self. If you meant was I trying to use summon while inside car, no, I have net tried that yet, Just summon via key fob

He means when you were pulling into the garage, did you get warnings from the side sensors on the front, which would stop the movement and abort.

Likely it is the incline causing your issue. It's not so much an incline, as a CHANGE in incline that is an issue. Also verify that your distance to move setting is not set too short inadvertently.

I too have this problem when I use Summons without continuous press enabled.

However, with continuous press (which disables the activate from the stalk and I believe the key fob options) it listens to me.

Secondly, since you have an incline like I do, have you ever had summons drift or go in at an angle?
When I used continuous press the first night it worked for me with ease about 3-4 times in and out of the garage. When I switched over and controlled with the fob, when the car got the first two wheels inside the garage they turned a hard left. Scared me half to death because I had to stop it or contact with the driver's side and the entrance was eminent?

@acadter - I've tried every thing and have continuous press disabled. Tried key fob, iPad, and android phone. None works for bringing car forward. When I did get the car part ways into garage I could test from there, and yes, I see the wheels turn quite a bit . Both my phone and iPad lose connection frequently, even when I'm right next to car.

@BerTex - when driving in and parking normally I might get occasional side warnings. But as you mention, it's likely the incline. I don't really intend to use this feature often, so no biggie. But if I EVER get may 3 car garage cleared enough to actually house 2 cars, it could be a useful feature!!