Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

API meters/aggregates - Questions regarding frequency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a recent install of a new heat pump, I have gotten a couple of High DC Voltage errors on the heat pump. I am trying to determine if this is in any way related to my solar/PW operation. 7.4kW solar w/ 2PW's, Gateway2 and SolarEdge Inverter.
I track the Gateway data via a RPI using the api/meters/aggregates in Grafana. For some reason I can only get the battery frequency out of the API. Load, Site, and Solar frequencies always show 0.0. I have logged directly into the Gateway and pulled a snapshot of api/meters/aggregates and can verify that ONLY the battery frequency is ever available.

Reading other threads here, it appears that all 4 frequencies (Site, Load, Battery, Solar) should be available.

Any thoughts on why these frequencies might be missing?

Partial sample attached.

Attachments

• sample.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
After a recent install of a new heat pump, I have gotten a couple of High DC Voltage errors on the heat pump. I am trying to determine if this is in any way related to my solar/PW operation. 7.4kW solar w/ 2PW's, Gateway2 and SolarEdge Inverter.
I track the Gateway data via a RPI using the api/meters/aggregates in Grafana. For some reason I can only get the battery frequency out of the API. Load, Site, and Solar frequencies always show 0.0. I have logged directly into the Gateway and pulled a snapshot of api/meters/aggregates and can verify that ONLY the battery frequency is ever available.

Reading other threads here, it appears that all 4 frequencies (Site, Load, Battery, Solar) should be available.

Partial sample attached.

I'm graphing the battery frequency from the "load" meter and that works. A few seconds of messing around with the data (also in Grafana) shows that at least on my system, all four meters (battery, load, site, solar) show reasonable frequency data. What model of Gateway do you have, and what version of firmware is it running? I have GW1 running 21.44.

The reason I'm asking is that @slcasner and I have been trading emails about (among other things) possible differences in the API between the GW1 and GW2 with respect to the instant_average_voltage. My system reports 240V nominal for the battery but 120V nominal for the other three meters and I think he had something different.

Bruce.

I'm graphing the battery frequency from the "load" meter and that works. A few seconds of messing around with the data (also in Grafana) shows that at least on my system, all four meters (battery, load, site, solar) show reasonable frequency data. What model of Gateway do you have, and what version of firmware is it running? I have GW1 running 21.44.

The reason I'm asking is that @slcasner and I have been trading emails about (among other things) possible differences in the API between the GW1 and GW2 with respect to the instant_average_voltage. My system reports 240V nominal for the battery but 120V nominal for the other three meters and I think he had something different.

Bruce.
Hello Bruce,

Gateway 2 on 21.44 223a56cd

Gateway 2 on 21.44 223a56cd

Hmmm...maybe the difference comes down to GW1 vs. GW2? We already had some indications that the two different gateways are measuring different quantities for the voltage on the meters. Admittedly I'm not an expert on this, just a guy who fiddled around with the API to make some pretty dashboards.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
Hmmm...maybe the difference comes down to GW1 vs. GW2? We already had some indications that the two different gateways are measuring different quantities for the voltage on the meters. Admittedly I'm not an expert on this, just a guy who fiddled around with the API to make some pretty dashboards.

Bruce.
FYI...

Just checked my Instant_average_voltages. Battery 248, others average 214.

Dennis

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
As @bmah said, I'm also looking in this area. I also saw the frequency being 0 except for the battery. The voltages were also incorrect until I changed to use the one from the battery, and then it's 240 rather than 120 like Bruce got for the site meter. Strangely, for a short time after the 21.44 update I was getting 120 from the battery, then the next day it changed back to 240.

Partial sample attached.
So as a followup, the heat pump faults are likely related to a needed firmware update on the heat pump and not GW related. I do find the voltages to be higher than I would expect however. In my case the API is reporting 247.1 V on the battery right now. With fluctuations over the last 8 hours of +/- 3 volts. I just opened my panel and checked the voltage to the heat pump and it matches at 247 VAC on my meter. Just higher than I would have expected. Waiting for firmware update on HP to see if my HP faults go away.