Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong Grid Reading by Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked for this but didn't find anything in the Tesla Pros app.
I don't know what the 800 A CTs look like, but they're listed in the manual. You might see if that option is listed in Tesla Pros to see if it matches the scaling you're seeing with your CTs.

800 A CTs are also available for larger service sizes (Tesla P/N 1447689-00-x). The 800 A CTs can be used with the standard Neurio Energy meter, but the 800 A CT option must be selected in the Commissioning Wizard drop down menu on the CT page. If using a Y-splitter with 800 A CTs, total current should not exceed 800 A.

Never mind. The 800 A ones are 800 A/133 mA.

Funny thing is they should have used these on my install. Only took me bugging them for several weeks before they finally installed the CTs on my non-backed up loads.

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you so much everyone! I will ask them to install properly scaled CTs and report back here if it worked!
The one nice thing of having to dig into your solar system guts is that you'll understand how it works a lot better in the future if anything goes wrong. Usually much faster to fix it yourself than wait on Tesla service techs.