Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apologies to Monty Python: Four Yorkshiremen with M3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dedicated to those in the queue

Four Yorkshiremen with M3s:

YM1: Who'd a thought 3 years ago we'd be sitting here putting centre console wraps on our M3s.
YM2: Aye. In them days we'd a' been glad to have a Sinclair C5.
YM1: A C5 with a flat battery.
YM3: And flat tyres.
YM4: We never used to have tyres. Or wheels. We used to carry our C5 on our backs.
YM2: The best we could do was to watch clips of other people in C5s through the window of Radio Rentals.
YM1: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we didn't have a charger.
YM2: Aye. Because we didn't have a charger. My old dad used to say to me 'Charging your C5 won't make you happy'
YM3: E was Right. I was happier then and I only had a reservation. There was no VIN in the source code and I hadn't even got a text confirming a trade in.
YM2: Source Code? You were lucky to have a browser! We'd huddle around our charger with a print out of the Tesla website, all twenty-six of us. Clinging onto that damp piece of paper for fear of going to the back of the queue.
YM3: Charger? We used to dream of having a charger. Would have been like having a reservation on a Roadster to us. We had three old extension cables in series, without a DC or AC RCD in in sight.
YM2: Well, when I say "charger" it was only a damp piece of string tied onto a yoghurt pot, but it was a charger to us.
YM1: We had our VIN removed.
YM2: You were lucky to have a VIN, we thought "null" was our VIN for months.
YM4: A "null" vin?
YM2: Aye.
YM4: You were lucky. We couldn't even log into our Tesla account. We used to get up at six o'clock in the morning, check the shipping forecast and webcams on the panama canal, read the TMC forum and be on hold to Tesla fourteen hours a day, week in week out. When we hung up the phone we'd get text messages from Tesla deliveries in Norway telling us not to worry and they be in touch as soon as the ship our car was on had navigated through the Bermuda triangle and the latest hurricane.
YM1: LUXURY! We used to get up at three o'clock in the morning from our camp in a puddle outside of the Service Centre in West Drayton, make bacon butties for the staff and drivers of the car transporters. Then, being environmentally responsible, we'd push our ICEs home via the M25 and try to call the Service Centre to take their orders for breakfast the following day. Elon would personally beat us with tow bars and put our order to the back of the queue if we didn't put enough ketchup in the bacon butties.
YM2: Well we had it tough. We used to get out of the puddle in front of the Service Centre at twelve o'clock at night and lick the M3s awaiting collection clean with our tongues. We then spent twenty-four hours a day on hold trying to call the Tesla and when we got home we'd all lie down and be used as a launch pad for a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket.
YM3: Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, check the shipping forecast, spend twenty-nine hours a day on hold to Tesla and pay Elon for the phone line at the Service Centre, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah'
YM1: But you try and tell the people WITH M3s today that... they'll just say "You won't worry about it once you have your car..."

Creative inspiration for mashing up Python came from the following comment:
Apparently, nobody in the forum is worried!!!:rolleyes:

YM1: Who'd a thought 3 years ago we'd be sitting here putting centre console wraps on our M3s.
YM4: We never used to have tyres. Or wheels. We used to carry our C5 on our backs.
YM2: The best we could do was to watch clips of other people in C5s through the window of Radio Rentals.
YM1: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we didn't have a charger.
YM2: Aye. Because we didn't have a charger. My old dad used to say to me 'Charging your C5 won't make you happy'
YM3: E was Right. I was happier then and I only had a reservation. There was no VIN in the source code and I hadn't even got a text confirming a trade in.
YM2: Source Code? You were lucky to have a browser! We'd huddle around our charger with a print out of the Tesla website, all twenty-six of us. Clinging onto that damp piece of paper for fear of going to the back of the queue.
YM3: Charger? We used to dream of having a charger. Would have been like having a reservation on a Roadster to us. We had three old extension cables in series, without a DC or AC RCD in in sight.
YM2: Well, when I say "charger" it was only a damp piece of string tied onto a yoghurt pot, but it was a charger to us.
YM4: You were lucky. We couldn't even log into our Tesla account. We used to get up at six o'clock in the morning, check the shipping forecast and webcams on the panama canal, read the TMC forum and be on hold to Tesla fourteen hours a day, week in week out. When we hung up the phone we'd get text messages from Tesla deliveries in Norway telling us not to worry and they be in touch as soon as the ship our car was on had navigated through the Bermuda triangle and the latest hurricane.
YM1: LUXURY! We used to get up at three o'clock in the morning from our camp in a puddle outside of the Service Centre in West Drayton, make bacon butties for the staff and drivers of the car transporters. Then, being environmentally responsible, we'd push our ICEs home via the M25 and try to call the Service Centre to take their orders for breakfast the following day. Elon would personally beat us with tow bars and put our order to the back of the queue if we didn't put enough ketchup in the bacon butties.
YM2: Well we had it tough. We used to get out of the puddle in front of the Service Centre at twelve o'clock at night and lick the M3s awaiting collection clean with our tongues. We then spent twenty-four hours a day on hold trying to call the Tesla and when we got home we'd all lie down and be used as a launch pad for a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket.
YM3: Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, check the shipping forecast, spend twenty-nine hours a day on hold to Tesla and pay Elon for the phone line at the Service Centre, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah'
YM1: But you try and tell the people WITH M3s today that... they'll just say "You won't worry about it once you have your car..."

Amazing! And it struck a particular chord with me because as well as the Model 3 in the garage, I also have a Sinclair C5 in the shed!

Brilliant! I applaud you - best laugh I've had for ages.

Haa....haaaaaa

That DC or AC quote ,reminds me of Brian Johnson from Newcastle, who was the lead vocalist of the hard rock band AC/DC.....he is a car enthusiast!!!!!!!!!!!