Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App (iPhone) climate control no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the climate function on my Tesla app stopped working.

The app turns the heater on, it runs for 10 seconds +/- then shuts off.

If I am in the car and turn the heater on using the app the heater starts and runs normally without shutting down.

Any ideas?

What firmware version do you have on your car? Do you have Remote S, Visible Tesla or some other service remotely accessing the car simultaneously? Can you try turning the climate on via those?

Try removing and reinstalling the app.

OK, my 70D is on 2017.48 a77ed8. I tried this with the Tesla app (3.2.2 de595f21) on my iPhone and it did the same.

I removed and reinstalled the app and it no longer does that, the climate stays on. Normally I use Remote S and that has been working fine. This leads me to believe it is a problem with the official app.

Last edited:
OK, my 70D is on 2017.48 a77ed8. I tried this with the Tesla app (3.2.2 de595f21) on my iPhone and it did the same.

I removed and reinstalled the app and it no longer does that, the climate stays on. Normally I use Remote S and that has been working fine. This leads me to believe it is a problem with the official app.

I’ll delete the app and reinstall and see what happens.