Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App issue, no key, stuck at work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I decided to just use my phone to unlock and enable my 2015 Model S today. Now as I try to leave work the app is giving me two errors. First it was saying "There are no products linked to your Tesla account.". Then it was saying my password is incorrect. The password is correct, as I can login to the website and it shows my car registered to my account.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this to work?

Never seen those errors, but sometimes my App takes forever to load. Like 10-15 minutes trying to connect. For this reason, I will never leave my key at home.....I'm just too damn impatient.

Nonetheless, hope you got this resolved.

Last edited:
I locked myself out awhile back with my phone in the car and no key FOB. I tried desperately to use my watch to unlock car while standing right next to it. It was a time (Murphy law) when IOS 13 was coming out and connection to Apple Watch for the STATS app was having issues. Couldn’t get it to work. After having the wife drive the key fob out to me, I actually realized I could have had her use her phone from home and unlock the car remotely. lesson learned and also another good reason to have a family member with the app and on account.

PS I called her from Apple Watch outside the car.

I locked myself out awhile back with my phone in the car and no key FOB. I tried desperately to use my watch to unlock car while standing right next to it. It was a time (Murphy law) when IOS 13 was coming out and connection to Apple Watch for the STATS app was having issues. Couldn’t get it to work. After having the wife drive the key fob out to me, I actually realized I could have had her use her phone from home and unlock the car remotely. lesson learned and also another good reason to have a family member with the app and on account.

PS I called her from Apple Watch outside the car.
Question, once it's unlocked how does it know to allow you to drive it without anything on you?

Question, once it's unlocked how does it know to allow you to drive it without anything on you?

There is a button that you hit and it enables keyless driving for 2 minutes(must start the drive in 2 minutes, not for just 2 minutes). You have to use your sign in or in my case, thumb print to enable the "ignition" and make it able to drive.

Screenshot_20200103-092205_Tesla.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-092202_Tesla.jpg

Last edited: