Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021Model 3 for about a year. The car is awesome, but the app downright sucks and I'm out of options and good luck getting ahold of Tesla on the phone.

In the morning, I try to preheat the car on the app. I get a, "climate fail", time out and it just doesn't turn on. I Uninstalled the app then reinstalled it, same issue.

Now, for some reason the max charging limit on my phone is at 50% and won't change. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app just isn't work. Some times when I go to open my door the car doesn't recognize the phone and I have to manually do it. The app is downright shitty. What can I do to fix this?

1-2x a week the app does not wake up/connect to the car for like 5-10 minutes despite force closing and reopening the app several times. Eventually it will work again but just have to wait it out 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Just the other day I tried to open the app to precondition as I was checking out at Costco and it wouldn’t connect. Got out to car, loaded my stuff, started driving home. App still was not connecting even though the car was on and driving and had LTE signal. Left the app alone until I got home and it was working fine again.

Phone/software version and app version would help. Connectivity of the car as well can affect this, always the same place, different places, rural area, etc.? There are many different variables that can impact this. I have a Pixel 7 Pro running the latest Android Beta and will occasionally get hung up waiting to connect to the car but my iPhone 14 Pro max has similar hiccups too from time to time.