Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen this problem here before but not sure how to solve it. My husband got a new iPhone 11 and suddenly neither of us can access the Tesla app. It won't let us sign in and does not recognize us. I've read to uninstall and reinstall the app but I've also seen not to do that. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Using a computer, try to login to your Tesla account. Assuming that you're entering your credentials correctly using your iPhone, if you can't get in through the phone app, I'm betting that you won't be able to get in using a computer. At least, that's the case most of the time. There are times that I'm not able to login using my phone but can login with the computer, but such outages are rare and don't last long when they do occur.

If you are unable to login to your Tesla account by using a computer, you should go through the password recovery process. Once you are finally able to login to your Tesla account using your computer, try to do the same from the phone app. I'm betting you'll be able to get in.

Let us know how it goes... if you're still not able to get in, there are a few other things to try... this just happens to be first in line.

Got in via computer but still not able to on phone.
1. Open "Bluetooth" on your iPhone. Next to the Tesla Model 3 entry, click the little blue 'i' icon. On the resulting page, click the "Forget this device" button.

2. Press and hold on the Tesla app icon, and select "Remove app." You might then get an option that says something about deleting the data associated with the app. Select that option.

3. Re-install the Tesla app.

4. Setup the application with your Tesla credentials, and re-pair the phone to use as a phone key, as per Tesla's instructions.

Let us know if you're still not able to login to your Tesla account using the Tesla phone app.

Ever since the last iPhone app version update, it appears that bad things can happen if you don't leave the Tesla app running on your phone all the time. Avoid force quitting the Tesla app.... just leave it running in the background all the time.

Tried everything above. Can't even open my Tesla App. "Access Denied". I have uninstalled and installed multiple times. Reboot the car several times. Tried "Forget Device" in Bluetooth. Any other ideas? Not sure if it is an iPhone issue vs Tesla App issue. Of course there is NO support for non emergent issues on Sundays from Tesla. Thanks in advance.

Tried everything above. Can't even open my Tesla App. "Access Denied". I have uninstalled and installed multiple times. Reboot the car several times. Tried "Forget Device" in Bluetooth. Any other ideas? Not sure if it is an iPhone issue vs Tesla App issue. Of course there is NO support for non emergent issues on Sundays from Tesla. Thanks in advance.
FYI. Nord VPN was apparently the issue. Not sure why now since I've had that app for longer than the Tesla.