Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App update... Looking good!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The updated phone app has locked me out. No e-mail-password combination works. Reset the password on the computer. Reloaded the phone app. Restarted the phone. Nothing. I can get into MyTesla on the computer, no prob.

Suggestions?

EDIT: after a couple of phone calls with Tesla, the problem was solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaff
It does connect more quickly, I believe. It'd be helpful to have the simple things, like km/mi added (or kWh added) and the ability to change the start time, and maybe stop time. All except that last has been available in the car on the touch screen.

The updated phone app has locked me out. No e-mail-password combination works. Reset the password on the computer. Reloaded the phone app. Restarted the phone. Nothing. I can get into MyTesla on the computer, no prob.

Suggestions?

EDIT: after a couple of phone calls with Tesla, the problem was solved.

...Paul to HAL..."Please unlock and start the car."

...HAL to Paul..."No Paul, I'm afraid I cannot do that..."

;)

• Funny
Reactions: mrElbe
And it would be nice to be able to turn on the rear window defrosters when your car is outside and there is snow or freezing rain.

The new app looks nice but the lack of enhanced functionality is very disappointing

Quote:

Suggestions?

Happened to me also.

I changed the password - it then magically worked.

I wish the app would allow one to change the time that you set the car to charge, instead of just the charge level and the option to charge now.
This wasn't available in the old API and it doesn't appear that there were many changes in the API - such as adding this functionality. Where third party apps do this they essentially manually start the charge using their own timer. I have written some code to allow you to end your charge at a specific time. But I have to initiate the charge with a cron job that kicks off a manual "Start Charging" rather than being able to set the Charge Timer.

Wouldn't it also be nice if, like the Chargepoint app, the mobile Tesla app could tell me the amount of charging my vehicle has done in the past month, year, aggregated to measure the same values of cost, number of kw/hr, and estimated miles charged during that time, as well as a record of WHERE I charged? hmmmm